There are armaments that are fairly easy to acquire, but others are bound to cause a headache. Here’s our guide on how to get the Ritualist Scythe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King.
How to Get the Ritualist Scythe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King
You can get the Ritualist Scythe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King by combining the Scythe Hilt and Scythe Blade quest items. Both of these drop from the Befouled Altar event in the Forgotten Commune dungeon. Note that the Ritualist Scythe is also the default weapon of the Ritualist class, assuming you’ve already unlocked it and you choose it as your main class when starting a new game.
How to Reach the Forgotten Commune
The first thing you’ll need to do if you want to get the Ritualist Scythe in The Awakened King is reach the Forgotten Commune. The dungeon entrance with a high potential of rolling as the Forgotten Commune is the one near Leywise the Scribe, an NPC in the small sewer area close to the Forlorn Coast fast travel point. Upon arriving there, simply hug the left-hand side and check the glowing doorway in the sewers.
Once inside the Forgotten Commune, explore at your leisure until you reach the event area at the back. There are rafters and scaffolding that lead to two altars. You’ll know you’ve reached the correct spots because there are purple lights.
How to Complete the Befouled Altar Event
Here’s what you need to do to complete the Befouled Altar event in The Awakened King:
- You’ll want to damage the altar with corpses using a weapon that can hit multiple targets. I suggest using the Enigma for this one.
- Also, watch out at HP thresholds: 100% (i.e. the moment you start the event), 75%, 50%, and 25%. When the altars reach these thresholds, poison leaper enemies will spawn. I call them Screebs because they remind me of a particular creature from Destiny 2.
- These areas are fairly small, and the Screebs also cause multiple poison blobs to appear. I found it best to use the Enigma’s alternate fire, along with the Timewave mod, to slow down the hostiles.
- Make sure you destroy both altars (i.e. complete both events) in the Forgotten Commune. Each altar drops a notable item: the Scythe Hilt and the Scythe Blade.
How to Combine the Scythe Hilt and Scythe Blade
Once you have both quest items, open your inventory and inspect the Scythe Hilt. Rotate it so that the haft is facing you, and you’ll notice an interaction prompt. Press the corresponding button and choose the Scythe Blade to combine both parts. This nets you the Ritualist Scythe.
Ritualist Scythe Mods and Stats
The Ritualist Scythe has the following characteristics:
- Unique mod: Reaver – Increases melee damage by 10% if the target is suffering from a status effect.
- Damage: 51
- Critical hit chance: 5%
- Weak spot damage: 100%
- Stagger modifier: -19%
That’s everything you need to know about how to get the Ritualist Scythe in Remnant 2: The Awakened King. Now that you have this armament, you might want to know more about the best items for the Ritualist class. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our R2 guides hub.