Update 12 introduced a new mineral and a tool to mine it in Sons of the Forest. Of course, I’m speaking of solafite and the pickaxe. But how do you actually get this tool? Fortunately, you can find one in the new cave that’s been added to the world map. Our guide will provide you with tips on how to get the pickaxe in Sons of the Forest, including the exact location of the cave and all the steps on the way there.
How to Get the Pickaxe in Sons of the Forest
The new cave added in Update 12 that contains the pickaxe can be found in the northeastern part of the map, right above the small lake indicated on the map above. You can open the map in the game at that location, and it will show you the exact spot, so you can’t miss it. Once you’re there, follow these steps to get the pickaxe:
- Enter the cave and follow the trail.
- Once you reach the waterfall, keep following it down into the deeper levels of the cave.
- At one point, you’ll need to go underwater and follow the only available path.
- Once you reach another smaller cavern, turn right.
- Slide down and dive into the lake.
- Follow the underwater path and turn right at the fork.
- You’ll reach another cavern with three dead bodies hanging off the ceiling.
- Walk past the bodies and stop at the solafite ore with a pickaxe stuck inside.
All that’s left to do is press the “E” key to pick up the pickaxe, and you can start mining solafite to your heart’s content. If you decide to leave the cave, you need to turn right, and you’ll see a rope hanging off the ceiling, which is your exit.
That’s everything you need to know on how to get and use the pickaxe in Sons of the Forest. For more tips and tricks articles, go to our SotF guides page here.