Despite Bungie gutting some of the best Solar Titan builds, Season of the Wish coming in just a few days brings with it a Seasonal Artifact for those builds. Solar has always been a top choice in Destiny 2. The final season of the Lightfall year turns up the heat.
Season of the Wish Artifact Mods
There are a lot of wins coming out of the Queensfoil Censer Seasonal Artifact. Here’s the full list:
Column 1 Anti-Champion Mods
- Anti-Barrier Sidearm
- Unstoppable Hand Cannon
- Unstoppable Bow
- Overload Auto Rifles
- Overload Pulse Rifle
Column 2 Mods
- Flame, Fiber, and Freeze: Combines the Solar/Strand and Solar/Stasis Siphon mods into one.
- Kindling Trigger: Radiant causes Solar weapons to apply Scorch to unscorched combatants.
- Blast Radius: Rapid final blows with Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers grant Armor Charge.
- Origin Perk Specialization I: Improves the benefits provided by the Sundering, Nano-Munitions, and Nanotech Tracer Rocket Origin Traits. Additionally, weapons with these traits are always overcharged.
- From Whence You Came: Increases ability damage to Taken and Scorn combatants.
Column 3 Mods
- Flint Striker: Rapid Solar weapons precision hits and rapid Solar weapon final blows grant Radiant.
- Torch: While radiant, deal increased weapon damage to combatants affected by Strand and Stasis debuffs.
- Heart of the Flame: Casting your Solar Super grants nearby allies Radiant and increases the damage of your Super for each nearby ally.
- Origin Perk Specialization II: Improves the benefits provided by the Noble Deeds, Unsated Hunger, Head Rush, and Dragon’s Vengeance Origin Traits. Additionally, weapons with these traits are always overcharged.
- Wished Into Being: While your Super is nearly fully charged, ability final blows spawn Orbs of Power. Wearing Season of the Wish armor decreases Super amount threshold.
Column 4 Mods
- Unravelling Orbs: Picking up an Orb of Power grants Strand weapons Unraveling Rounds.
- Pillar of Ice: Killing an encased combatant spawns Stasis crystals.
- Revitalizing Blast: Causing damage with a Solar ability weakens Champions and bosses for a short duration.
- Overload Rocket Launchers: Rocket Launchers are especially effective against Overload Champions.
- Dragon’s Bite: Breaking a combatant’s shield with a Strand or Stasis weapon has a chance to suspend or freeze that combatant. Wearing Season of the Wish armor increases this chance.
Column 5 Mods
- Horde Shuttle: Damaging unraveled targets with a weapon occasionally spawns a Threadling.
- Hail The Storm: Shattering encased targets and Stasis crystals deals increased damage. Shattering a Stasis crystal releases shards of ice that damage and slow targets.
- Rays of Precision: While radiant, Solar precision final blows cause combatants to ignite.
- Solo Operative: While you are the only member of your fireteam, you deal increased damage to all combatants.
- Argent Ordinance: Firing a Rocket Launcher consumes one stack of Armor Charge, granting increased damage and reload speed until you reload or stow your Rocket Launcher.
The Best Season of the Wish Artifact Mods
There are a lot of wins in this Seasonal Artifact listing, but a few stand out to me.
- Kindling Trigger from column two might be downright busted for such a mod with such early access, as depending on the amount of Scorch stacks applied, you can set off Ignite chains with much less effort.
- Both Origin Perk Specialization mods look nasty, as I’m intimately familiar with how at least a few of them operate, and buffing them might turn weapons with them into melt cannons.
- Flint Striker, Torch, and Heart of the Flame look to have some crazy synergy when you’re with a fireteam. Not only can you probably keep the Radiant buff up endlessly, your team gets more powerful too.
- Revitalizing Blast is another entry in the “ways to weaken enemies” list, and adds a Solar option. If the weaken effect is equivalent to, say, the Tractor Cannon or Hunter Shadowshot, hoo boy, we got some speaking to do, Bungie.
- Dragon’s Bite is just funny. While neither Stasis nor Strand are common shield types, I can only imagine how much more freezing and suspending is going to happen in Season of the Wish.
- Rays of Precision is just free Ignitions. Who doesn’t love more explosions?
- Solo Operative and Argent Ordinance are about to combine to make solo-ing Dungeons and Lost Sectors a sinch. Provided their bonuses haven’t been reduced since we saw them a few years ago, the damage increase from Solo Operative while alone will make Rockets even more dominant than they already are. Plus, DPS phases for most Raid bosses are about to be cut in half.
Destiny 2 has needed a good infusion of Solar mods for a while now, and I’m glad that I have an excuse to bust out my flame-y bois again. Some of the later-tier mods work for all classes, which is nice, and the builds people come up with are bound to be wild. Also, there will be many explosions. For more, check out our guides on all the DLCs you should buy, the best Titan Exotics for PvP, and more in our D2 guides hub.