The Front will have you harvesting various materials by hand, and with the help of some advanced machinery. The Manual Miner is the first machinery you’ll use for harvesting Oil, and Ore. However, the equipment doesn’t come with an instruction manual. Here you’ll find our complete guide on how to use the Manual Miner in The Front.
How to Use Manual Miner in The Front
You’ll need to collect Crude Oil early on in The Front, and the only way to do so is with the help of a Manual Miner. Unfortunately, the machinery is incredibly unclear to use. Here’s how to use the Manual Miner:
- Approach the Manual Miner.
- Hold F while your cursor is hovering over it.
- Select Oil or Ore Collection from the Radial menu by clicking it with LMB.
- To view the inventory of the Manual Miner while piloting hold F and select Open with LMB.
- RMB click any items from the Inventory Bar to bring them to your backpack.
- Esc to exit the Inventory.
- To exit the Manual Miner while piloting hold F and select Stand with LMB.
It’s important to note that you’ll need to pilot the Manual Miner for the entirety of its use. If you unmount from the Miner, it’ll no longer be active. This is an unfortunate drawback to the collection method, but it’s your only option for materials like Crude Oil, and Clay from the get-go.
I recommend using the Manual Miner when you don’t mind going AFK for a bit. As an example, I left my character piloting the Miner for Oil Collection for five minutes and came back to a measly two Crude Oil. Mind you, the total will vary, but it’s safe to assume it’ll take a while.
That’s all you need to know on how to use the Manual Miner in The Front. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs at our The Front guides hub here.