Tricky challenges require unconventional ideas just to complete the task. Our guide discusses how to solve the Flooded Valley Field of View puzzle in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve the Flooded Valley Field of View Puzzle in The Talos Principle 2
You can solve the Flooded Valley Field of View puzzle in The Talos Principle 2 by making sure that Inverter and one of the Accumulators are placed on a higher ledge when they light up the receptacles. Take note that this is actually one of the Lost Puzzles in this particular sector.
Flooded Valley Field of View Puzzle Solution
Upon entering this lost puzzle room, you’ll notice three devices: two Accumulators and one Inverter. However, we need to light up four receptacles, and the angular design of the room prevents a more straightforward approach. As such, I’ve outlined what I did during my playthrough:
- First, I picked up the Accumulators. Make sure to target the light sources since one Accumulator has to be red, and the other has to be blue.
- I initially activated the receptacles to the right (when facing the entrance):
- I used one Accumulator for this (i.e. the red Accumulator for the red receptacle).
- I also used the Inverter by linking it to the red Accumulator and targeting the blue receptacle.
The above causes the first barrier to open, which lets you access the higher ledges at the sides. Now, you should be closer to solving the Flooded Valley Field of View puzzle in The Talos Principle 2. Here are the next steps:
- With the first barrier open, take the blue Accumulator and place it on the higher ledge that’s on the same side as the other devices (i.e. right-hand side when facing the entrance).
- Target the blue receptacle so you can pick up the Inverter while ensuring that the barrier remains open.
- Bring the Inverter past the barrier and place it on the higher ledge on the side without the devices (i.e. left-hand side).
- Take the blue Accumulator on the high ledge. Try not to fall down into the previous area. The barrier will close, and you’ll have no choice but to reset if this happens.
In any case, here are the last tasks that you need to do once you’re back at the ledge on the left:
- Have the blue Accumulator target the blue receptacle.
- Link the Inverter with the blue Accumulator, then target the red receptacle.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to solve the Flooded Valley Field of View puzzle in The Talos Principle 2. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.