The seventh puzzle of Grasslands Ring sets the progress console on an elevated console, but you’ll need to power a fan to reach it. Here’s our complete guide to Self-Sufficiency in The Talos Principle 2.
How to Solve Self-Sufficiency in Grasslands Ring
With Self-Sufficiency being the second to last puzzle of Grasslands Ring, it’s a bit trickier than others in the area. In fact, the first time I solved it, I made it more difficult by using 1k to open the last barrier. But I knew there had to be an easier way. This time around, I’ve crafted a solution that takes away any convoluted steps from my first attempt. Here’s the streamlined process:
Connect the Green Light
- Follow the circular path to the fan. Detach it.
- Place the fan on the pressure plate next to the circular green receiver, opening the barrier.
- Grab the Connector and position it at the top of the steps next to the red circular receiver and across from the green light source.
- Link the green light source to the Connector, then send the beam to the green receiver.
Retrieve the RGB Converter
- Pick up the fan and take it to the opposite side of the level.
- Place it on the pressure plate next to the red receiver.
- Grab the RGB Converter and place it at the top of the steps, directly across from the red receiver.
- Link the RGB Converter to the blue light source, the green Connector, and the two red receivers.
- Return the fan to its original place. It should be working now.
- Jump in front of the fan. It’ll boost you to the elevated platform.
Now, you can place your hand on the progress wheel and continue to the eighth and last puzzle, titled Entanglement. While this one literally swoops you off your feet, the final challenge takes light beams to new heights, as well.
That’s our puzzle solution to Self-Sufficiency in Grasslands Ring in The Talos Principle 2. For more tips and tricks, head to our dedicated TTP2 guides hub.