What to expect from WoW's 11th Anniversary
Every year, ground-breaking MMORPG World of Warcraft brings lots of fun in-game rewards to its players in celebration of its anniversary. Last year, fans of the game were rewarded with a ton of unique gifts, such as a Core Hound mount as well as the extremely adorable Molten Corgi pet. The gifts this time aren't quite as "hot" as last year, but they're still going to be enjoyable!
Players can receive these gifts in their mail box if they log in during the anniversary:
- Celebration Package - Increases experience and reputation gains from kills by 11% for 1 hour. (10 second cooldown)
- Gnoll Celebration Wand - Puts a gnoll costume on a targeted party member (5 charges)
- Murloc Celebration Wand - Puts a murloc (Mmmmrrrrrrghhhh) costume on a targeted party member (5 charges)
- Exquisite Costume Set: Edwin VanCleef - Allows players to dress up as Edwin VanCleef, the boss of the Deadmines (50 charges)
- Inflatable Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker - Allows players to equip an inflatable version of the popular weapon and unlocks the achievement "Did someone say...?" across the whole account
Players can also receive the "WoW's 11th Anniversary Achievement" by logging in before November 30th. Blizzard also launched a hashtag, #11YearsOfWow, in honor of the momentous event.
The game is expecting its newest expansion, World of Warcraft: Legion on or before September 21, 2016, adding a new playable hero class to the game, the Demon Hunter.