SCUM: Lethal & Edible Mushroom Guide
SCUM is a hyper-realistic survival game where everything you do affects your character's health and abilities. Because of this, you cannot simply go around eating whatever you please and expect the same generic result.
Unlike other games where food consumption typically has a positive outcome, SCUM provides realistic reactions to dangerous foods. Some can lead to sickness, vomiting, and diarrhea.
One consumable that can be tricky to trust are mushrooms. Some can give you the energy you need to continue forwards, while others will lead to sickness. Follow this guide to ensure your safety around these foods.
These mushrooms might look similar to any other, but they are actually poisonous. You should avoid consuming these, as it will lead to sickness.
- Amanita Virosa - Poisonous fungus nicknamed, Destroying Angel. One mushroom cap is enough to kill an adult.
- Amantia Phalloides - Commonly known as the Death Cap. These contain amatonxins which can't be removed through cooking.
- Amanita Pantheria - The Panther Cap. These psychoactive caps are poisonous and can lead to death.
These mushrooms can be safely eaten only in small amounts. Eating too many at once can induce vomiting and sickness. However, mushrooms will provide some essential vitamin D, fiber, and other minerals for your character.
- Agaricus Augustus - Edible brown mushroom with a convex cap
- Boletus Edulis - Pore covered, brown caps
- Cantharellus Cibarius - Orange, yellow, and white with gills and ridges.
- Psilocybe Cyanescens - Dark brown with flat cap
- Lepiota Procera - Brown and white with rough cap. Not to be confused with the Death Cap.
- Lycoperdon Gigantea - Large white mushroom that can cause upset stomach when overeaten.
Scavenging for mushrooms will be necessary for your survival because most will provide you with loads of vitamins, fiber, minerals, and a full stomach. You also don't need any equipment to collect mushrooms, so they are an easy source of nutrition if you can find the right ones.
Eat them with caution though because one false judgement could lead to serious illness. Use this guide before playing SCUM, and if you forget the list of dangerous mushrooms, be sure to check back before consuming any weird fungi along your journey.
If you're trying up to your survival rate in the wilds, check out our other SCUM guides here on GameSkinny!