Warcraft 3: Reforged Gets 2GB+ Band-aid Patch
Warcraft 3: Reforged has gotten off to a rocky start, and Blizzard appears to be trying to fix some of the problems plaguing the RTS remaster. Of course, fixing those issues will go a long way toward regaining the trust of fans, as the overall Blizzard response so far has been rather hit or miss.
In the spirit of that, the game has received a 2.2GB patch with some improvements over Reforged's release state, including some animation adjustments for cutscenes and in-game units, bug fixes, and further distinctions between the Classic and Reforged versions.
Read the full patch notes below:
- Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
- Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
- The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
- Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
- Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
• Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
- Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
- Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
• Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
- The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
- Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
- Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
- Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
- Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
- Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
- Whispers now include the name of the sender.
- Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
- Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
- A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
- Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
- Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
- All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings. • Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.
These additions are a step in the right direction, but Warcraft 3 fans are already riled up over state of the game at release, and the game needs a lot more than some small adjustments to bring it up to modern standards as Blizzard promised last year before release.
Additionally, Blizzard still retains all rights to any custom game content created for Warcraft 3: Reforged. Stay tuned for more on the developing saga of Reforged.