The SMITE Team Announces Project Olympus
SMITE, the number one action MOBA in the world on PC and consoles, is launching a new initiative in which they plan to improve the game a sizable amount. Project Olympus will include many improvements to polish the game and improve its core mechanics over the next three patches, as well as quality-of-life improvements starting around the start of Season 5 (January 2018). These changes will occur on both PC and console versions of the game.
The Executive Producer of SMITE, Chris Larson, commented on Project Olympus, saying:
"We’ve taken several key changes to gameplay, user interface, and overall progression and combined them into one massive overhaul that we are calling Project Olympus, Project Olympus is full of big changes that SMITE fans have wanted for a long time, and we are excited to deliver on these requests as we take SMITE to a whole new level."
The changes we know about now are limited but still promising. Here's the rundown of what's been revealed as part of Project Olympus so far:
- Major engine and system upgrades and a downloadable HD texture pack to go with it
- A 64-bit client for higher graphical quality for players who want it
- Console-specific updates like HUD improvements, additional controller configuration options, and improved match history sorting
- An improved library of tutorials with basics for beginners and advanced tutorials for more advanced players
- Ranked changes, including a pick and ban phase as well as improved leaderboards
- New prestige levels which go beyond the initial 30 levels.
- If you played far beyond level 30, you've been gaining experience the whole time and will level up accordingly once the patch happens
With a free-to-play game like SMITE, big changes like this are often necessary to keep its player base entertained and even bring in new players. This certainly seems like a lot of changes will be coming to SMITE in the next year -- and we still don't have all the details as to what's being changed. So stay tuned!
What changes do you want to see in SMITE from Project Olympus? Give your feedback in the comments below and keep your eyes on Gameskinny for all future SMITE news.