Rocket League welcomes over 8 million players and new DLC
Developers of Rocket League, Psyonix, revealed yesterday on Twitter that the game has attracted over 8 million players since July. This comes right after its latest DLC, the Mad Max inspired Chaos Run, was released earlier yesterday.
FUN FACT: Since July, Rocket League has welcomed more than 8 MILLION players. Thank you so much for your support!
— Rocket League (@RocketLeague) November 30, 2015
Chaos Run is now available for PC and PS4. The $4 DLC comes with new cards, decals, a free new arena called Wasteland, and more. Wasteland is not really part of the DLC, but the free update that comes along with it. You can find out what all the new DLC brings, right here.
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball - Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam)
The free update, on the other hand, will also bring a new post-apocalyptic theme music -- "Scorched Earth," by Kevin Riepl along with some garage surprises.
In other news, another free DLC based on Portal is also expected today for both PS4 and PC. The DLC will bring some Portal items like rocket trails and antennas to the game.
Psyonix hinted earlier that the game might be coming to Xbox One as well, though no official announcement has been made.
Stay in tune for more Rocket League DLC news. Be sure to leave a comment.