Goodbye North America's Club Nintendo - Shuts Down Today, June 30th
Today in North America, we say goodbye to a six-year old loyalty program that Nintendo developed for the gamers to enjoy.
It's sad to see you go
It's very sad to see this loyalty program being shut down. The program gave the Nintendo fan-base an extra incentive when purchasing games - because when purchased "New", they came with that special Club Nintendo code. I for one have saved up tons of coins over the past six years, and bought some collectible posters for A Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. After 11:59 PDT this evening all accounts and coins will be deleted, so if you haven't had the chance to use yours up, better get to it.
Club Nintendo's Final List
Club Nintendo has added many exclusive games to the rewards list, where you can spend virtual coins for them. Among this list includes many Nintendo Wii U, Wii, and 3DS games.
Some of the popular Wii U games include:
- Super Mario World (200 Coins)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (200 Coins)
- Wii Fit U (600 Coins)
- Wii Party U (600 Coins)
A few of the Wii games are:
- Super Smash Bros. (250 Coins)
- 1080 Snowboarding (250 Coins)
- Paper Mario (250 Coins)
- Star Fox 64 (250 Coins)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (250 Coins)
- Mario Kart 64 (250 Coins)
- Super Mario 64 (250 Coins)
Lastly, some Nintendo 3DS games included:
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (250 Coins)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (600 Coins)
- Star Fox 64 3D (700 Coins)
- Super Mario 3D Land (600 Coins)
For a full list of all games available, please refer to the Rewards Catalogue on Club Nintendo. Let's all give Club Nintendo a great send off after their six-year gift to the gaming community.