Pokémon Nuzlocke challenge
This is a challenge that can be done with any generation of Pokémon game, which is really neat! A Pokémon Nuzlocke has several base rules:
- Any Pokémon that faints is "dead" and must be promptly released or deposited in the PC system, never to be used again.
- The trainer may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in an area. You do not get a second chance if the Pokémon faints or flees. If the wild encounter is a double battle, the trainer may choose which to catch.
- Players must nickname all their Pokémon.
- A black out/white out is considered a game over.
- The player may only use Pokémon they have captured themselves.
- You may not reset and reload the game when something goes wrong.
Defeat the Elite Four, and victory is yours! There are also a ton of optional rules to make it even more painful, or even mercy rules. There is a pretty comprehensive list at Bulbapedia.
Published Jun. 17th 2015