Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Eclipse Multiplayer Maps Tips and Tricks
Eclipse, the latest DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, is finally out on PC and Xbox One. It includes a whole new map for Zombies Mode – “Zetsoubu no Shima” - that takes place on an infested island in the Pacific Ocean. You can also obtain two new powerful wonder weapons there by following this guide.
Additionally, Eclipse DLC includes four new multiplayer maps: Spire, Knockout, Rift, and Verge. All four maps are very colorful and offer a set of new challenges to take. This guide offers a few important tips on how to use these maps in the best way possible.
Spire Multiplayer Map Tips and Tricks
Spire is based on a futuristic transportation landing zone that was built to help vehicles travel around the Earth in a faster way. It is located up in the sky and has a few interesting spots to check out. Here’s what you should know:
- Central lobby is the area that requires you to be especially careful, as it has a door in the very center where enemies can appear at any time. Also, there are overlooks all around the place, which open up your position.
- However, you can take control over the lobby by setting up a Hardened Sentry that will lock and stop on any target that will appear in the overlooks.
- If you want to use overlooks in the lobby to take out targets yourself, then Sniper Rifle is the way to go.
- On the other hand, you just can ignore the lobby and focus on the hallways. The two best weapons in this case would be SMG and a Shotgun.
Knockout Multiplayer Map Tips and Tricks
The Knockout map is actually an island that combines Kung-Fu and 70s disco style with a gorgeous Shaolin Temple located in the middle. This map has a traditional Treyarch three lane structure and here’s what you need to know:
- Your best bet on this map is to master wall running, as there are numerous pits with spikes on the bottom all over the place.
- Also, high walls of the temple provide for excellent opportunities to wall run behind opponents and take them down.
- For the exterior areas the best weapon is Launcher, and the interiors and narrow pathways are better cleared with a Shotgun.
Rift Multiplayer Map Tips and Tricks
Rift is a typical military base located above some sort of crater, so you may have already figured out that this is another wall running map. Here are a few tips on how to use this map:
- Multiple hallways on the sides make up for an excellent ambush tactics.
- The middle area is totally exposed, so be very careful and don’t get caught up by your opponents.
- Most hallways don’t have a floor, so use wall running to move through them, otherwise you will fall into the pit of lava.
- The best weapon for this map is Assault Rifle, which is basically universal on both open areas and narrow pathways.
Verge Multiplayer Map Tips and Tricks
Verge is the re-imagining of the famous map from Call of Duty: World at War, titled “Banzai.” It has a few distinct features that make this map special, such as the cavern system and the bridge. However, Verge is a much more challenging map than Banzai and here is how you go about it:
- This map has a complicated layout, so it’s very easy to find a good hiding spot and just wait for your passing by opponents to take them down.
- Learn the cave system on this map as well as you can. There are a few hideouts that can be effectively used to escape from the chasing enemies and quickly counter-attack them.
- Another important area is water under the bridge right behind the boat. You can effectively use this spot to take out targets on the bridge with your Sniper Rifle.
Before entering a multiplayer mode check out all four maps in local mode and thoroughly explore the areas. Check out every room and every corner of the map – you never know which spot will fit you the best. Also, don’t be shy to use bots and have a few training sessions with them before playing against real opponents. Prepare well and you should do just fine.
Come back soon for more Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Eclipse guides at GameSkinny!