Aion 4.0 Preview - Godstone Crafting for Armorsmiths and Tailors
by Ashley SSS
The third and final patch to the Korean Aion 4.0 public test server is coming on March 13, and with it the final content push. English information on the big patch is scarce, but you excited Daevas out there have a lot to look forward to once 4.0 hits North America and Europe.
Our previous Aion 4.0 coverage was maybe a bit too beefy, and we want to make it easier for you to digest. Further information on the big update will be in smaller articles, so you can get your informational fix at your leisure.
Please keep in mind that any and all information presented here and in all 4.0 previews is subject to change as the update goes to the live Korean servers and finally makes its way to North America and Europe.
You should also be aware that the majority of names given will be changed once the update is localized, as I am relying on my limited knowledge of Korean and Google Translate to lead the way.
Aion 4.0 Godstone Crafting
Godstone crafting is new addition to Aion, and is something that players will not be able to get into until they are either a Master Armorsmith or Master Tailor, and have access to the Underground Katalam area.
There are four available Godstone crafting recipes available purchase from a special shugo NPC vendor located in the depths of Underground Katalam. Recipes must be purchased with ancient coins, which are accumulated by questing and doing instances in the area.
There are four recipes for both types of crafting, and each of those can crit to make more powerful variations of the originals (Master). This brings the total of craftable Godstones up to 16, with 8 of those being particularly rare and powerful (Divine Master).
Tailoring Godstone recipes can be purchased from the special NPC for 18 ancient coins each. The standard stones are as follows:
- Master's Courage - 2% chance to deal 1012 fire damage.
- Master's Knowledge - 2% chance to deal 1012 water damage.
- Master's Wisdom - 2% chance to deal 1012 earth damage.
- Master's Margin - 2% chance to deal 1012 wind damage.
The crit versions of each stone, respectively:
- Divine Master's Outrage - 1% chance to deal 4050 fire damage.
- Divine Master's Regret - 1% chance to deal 4050 water damage.
- Divine Master's Reason - 1% chance to deal 4050 earth damage.
- Divine Master's Oath - 1% chance to deal 4050 wind damage.
Armorsmithing Godstone recipes can be purchased from the special NPC for 23 ancient coins each. The standard stones are as follows:
- Master's Encouragement - 20% chance to deal 101 fire damage.
- Master's Understanding - 20% chance to deal 101 water damage.
- Master's Wisdom(?) - 20% chance to deal 101 earth damage.
- Master's Agility - 20% chance to deal 101 wind damage.
Their respective crit versions are as follows:
- Divine Master's Revenge - 10% chance to do 405 fire damage.
- Divine Master's Selfishness - 10% chance to do 405 water damage.
- Divine Master's Process - 10% chance to do 405 earth damage.
- Divine Master's Warmth - 10% chance to do 405 wind damage.
One of the many new things for level 60+ characters to take advantage of in the big update. The specialty NPC who sells the Godstone recipes also sells new Manastones at various ancient coin costs. The details on these new Manastones are not known at this time.