How to fix low field of view (FOV) in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
The main reason for low field of view in any game is a low screen resolution or an inappropriate resolution at screens with non-standard aspect ratios. Now, it’s important to find the right balance of these two aspects in your game, as some PCs simply can’t handle a bigger screen resolution due to low technical features. So this approach requires some trial and error. But what about PC owners with high-end machines and huge screens?
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain officially doesn’t support the aspect ratio of 21:9. Therefore, your FOV in the game will be limited. If you wish to play in your native format and set your own comfortable screen resolution, then here is the solution for the owners of NVIDIA graphics cards:
- Download Custom Resolution Utility
- Install and run the program.
- Set your desired screen resolution and save the settings.
Another way of achieving the same result can be done in the following way:
- For 2560×1080 resolution, download this file.
- For 3440×1440 resolution, download this file.
- Go to the root folder: Steam\steamapps\common\MGS_TPP\
- Change the original "mgs5tpp.exe" file with any of the mentioned above.
That should do it. If you're also having frame rate issues, check out our guide for fixing FPS problems in Metal Gear Solid 5.