Overwatch Anniversary Event Guide
It has been a year since Blizzard's highly popular arena shooter, Overwatch, was released. To celebrate the last year, the game is launching an anniversary event that will run until June 12. It adds new arena maps, anniversary loot boxes, and over 100 anniversary-themed rewards. Also, everyone gets a new dance emote. Woot!
I'm going to go over everything you need to know about the Overwatch Anniversary event, including some of the important patch notes that came with it.
Overwatch Anniversary Event Skins
There are 11 new skins you can get during this event. Each one is pictured below.
New Arena Maps and Game Modes
They have added 3 new arena maps with this update: Black Forest, Castillo, and Necropolis. They also added a new 1v1 mode called Limited Duel, and a new 3v3 mode called Lockout Elimination.
Limited Duel is a 1v1 mode where both players pick from a limited pool of characters -- meaning some characters will not be selectable.
Lockout Elimination is a 3v3 mode where one team must win 3 rounds. Any successful heroes, meaning the heroes that were used during a winning round, are banned from future rounds of that match. So if you win with Reaper for example, you can't use him the rest of that game.
Extra Patch Notes
- Recoil Recovery Aim Compensation can now be disabled for Ana, McCree, and Widowmaker.
- Removed the attack delay from Genji's wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage enemies immediately after he finishes wall climbing.
- Removed the attack delay from Hanzo's wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage enemies immediately after he finishes wall climbing.
- Storm Bow
- Increased charge speed by 10%.
- Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is held down.
- Fusion Driver
- Damage reduced by 9%
- Protective Barrier
- Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Wraith Form
- Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith form is used.
- Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters.
- The height threshold of objects that earthshatter can climb has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it moves along the ground.
- Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19.
That's all for my Overwatch Anniversary Event Guide. Let me know if you have any questions!