ESO: Basic Recommended Sorcerer Build
In this guide I'll cover the build my Sorcerer is currently using. I've remade my Sorcerer a few times to test the best possible options without having to spend gold to respend my points. For Racial Skill synergy check out the Racial Skill guides written by Synzer and Venisia. Here's a full Racial Skill rundown. You can also check out the lists in faction related guides for Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact, and Daggerfall Covenant.
I've heard of a Greatsword build that a guild member is fond of, but it's not an easy style of play. The build I'm suggesting is for beginners to allow for room to grow and experience the class. As you get more confident, there are other builds out there you can try out.
I currently run with an Ice Staff for my Wall of Elements. The effects of Wall of Elements changes based on which Destruction Staff you use, so make sure to take that into account with this build. This build is highly CC reliant, as I find Sorcerer is very weak physically in the early levels. The primary damage comes from the familiar and Mage's/Endless Fury. On my current Sorcerer, I've not actually unlocked my Ultimate yet, but with my build path the Storm Atronach is the only Ultimate I benefit from.
- Mage's Fury -> Endless Fury: Deals shock damage, explodes for additional shock damage if the target falls below 20% health within 4 seconds. The explosion deals shock damage to enemies within a 4 meter radius of the target. Endless Fury upgrade adds: killing an enemy with this ability restores Magicka.
- Unstable Familiar: Summons a familiar to attack enemies. Reduces Max Magicka by 10%. Familiar deals additional damage.
- Wall of Elements: Creates an elemental wall that deals magic damage every 1s to enemies in the area of effect. Wall lasts for 2.5s. Adds a 60% slow with an Ice Staff.
- Crystal Shard: Deals magic damage to an enemy and knocks them down for 2 seconds.
- Encase: Immobilizes enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds.
- Summon Storm Atronach: Summons an immobile storm atronach to targeted location for a short time. Enemies in the area are stunned for 3 seconds and take 22 Shock Damage. An ally may activate the Charged Lightning synergy channeling, causing the atronach to deal 150% additional damage for up to 5 seconds.
Make sure to check out the other guides in the ESO team directory. Thank you for reading and I hope this guide helps your early level progression.