5 Mods You Should Playing in Left 4 Dead 2
A rundown of awesome mods you're missing out on.
Left 4 Dead 2 is one of my all time favorite games. No steep learning curve, no need for a huge amount of backstory, just jump in and kill a few thousand zombies. Now that Left 4 Dead 2 Beta is out of beta, a bunch of new functionalities are going to be available for modders. This is the perfect time for you to jump back into the game with a few great mods.
- Velociraptors - There is no overstating the awesomeness of this mod. I have played dozens of hours, and still love the instanity of playing as a dinosaur.
- Helms Deep Reborn - Despite nearly 10 hours of play on this map, with a full group, I have never reached the final battle. While not for beginners, you'll quickly forget your last 10 deaths because it is so much fun.
- Slender Man Smoker - I really thought this mod wouldn't be scary, but it definitely has it moments. Dark Carnival, particularly, has plenty of dark corners for Slender to hide in.
- Panic in Pallet Town - This is another very difficult map, but there is a unique level of fun associated with playing in a Pokemon-inspired environment.
- Deadpool - Who doesn't love Deadpool? This mod changes Nick into the legendary merc. BANG BANG BANG.
Games Left 4 Dead 2 Genres ActionAdventureShooter Platforms PCMac Tags left 4 dead 2 betaleft 4 dead 2modssteam games
Published Jul. 9th 2013
Stephanie TangJuly 10, 2013, 8:35 amFeatured ColumnistI don't play L4D2 all that much, but all of these sounds AWESOME!