How to Play Slots in Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is filled with fun mini-games. However, there is one Yakuza mini-game classic that is a little different this time around: slots (pachislots).
Players looking to enjoy the slot machines of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will need to follow this guide to learn precisely how to access the title's seemingly missing pachislots.
How to Play Pachislots
Pachinko slot machines have become a staple part of the Yakuza series. That being said, it will take an additional amount of effort to play slots within Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Here is a breakdown of how you can access the mini-game.
- First, you will have to download the free additional content "Yakuza: Like A Dragon Pachislot Machines" in order to have access to the mini-game. While the DLC is free, it will take up roughly 9 GB of storage space.
- After the content has been downloaded and installed, find the pink game controller icons on your map. Make your way to any of these icons that do not say Club SEGA. One of them will be in Kamurocho. Another will be southwest of Maruhan. A third one will be south of Theater Square.
- Once you approach one of the buildings, you will receive a prompt to choose which mini-game you would like to play. Choose "Play Slots."
Tips for Playing Pachislots
Once you have gained access to the slots mini-game, you will need to learn how to make the most of it.
The objective is simple. Matching all three symbols by stopping the wheel at the opportune moment will earn you medals.
Here are some quick tips to success when playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon's pachislots.
- Practice first. Once the free DLC has been downloaded, you can play the pachinko slots without consequence at the game's title screen. This will give you a feel for the mini-game.
- Create a save file before you start playing slots. This way, you can always revert back to this save if you have a bad run with the mini-game and lose too much money. If you win big, then save your file once more and continue playing.
- Remember to redeem your medals. Medals can be traded to the NPC at the nearby counter for stat upgrades and items.
- For the largest payout, try your luck at the Million God slot machine. This machine can pay out an incredible number of medals. But, it also has the highest risk. Make sure you have saved before attempting this machine.
- For the least risk, play the Fist of the Blue Sky machine. This machine is the least likely to break your bank. However, it is also the least rewarding.
That's it for our advice on winning big with pachislots, check out our other Yakuza: Like a Dragon guides here on GameSkinny.