At E3 this week we got to see Defiance’s first DLC Enter The Castithan. Though, sadly, they didn’t show us anything new.
More than a month ago we found out the details of the first new DLC for Defiance. A new playable race, the Castithans, will be coming as well as their fancy swords we have seen on the TV show. Here is the full list revealed in May.
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
- Access to play the Castithan Species
- Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
- Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
- Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
- A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
- A unique Castithan version of an outfit
- A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
- Access to New Pursuits
- New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
- Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
- Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
- Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
- Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
- Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
- Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
- Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
- Select a new voice for you character
- Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
- New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
- Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
- More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
- Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
This DLC sounds amazing and I can’t wait to play as a Castithan, but sadly at E3 we got absolutely no new info about the DLC; just a recycled list from a month ago. To me, an active Defiance player, this is troubling news. Not giving a release date after 2 months of teasing it is bad–but it wouldn’t be so bad if most of us had not already paid for it two months ago. With only 4 episodes left of the TV show if they don’t release a DLC soon they will lose a lot of players. I have high hopes for Defiance but the fact that at E3, the biggest game convention of the year, they didn’t show us anything is a troubling sign for Defiance.
Don’t get me wrong, I will be eagerly awaiting this Castithan DLC and you will see my Castithan character fighting in Arkfalls right beside you, but if it takes too much longer I think those of us who bought the DLC in April should get a refund or something because at this rate I will be an old man by the time we see the 5th DLC. I am sure you all have your own opinion about the delay of DLC, so leave a comment and let me know if you have the patience of a saint or are as impatient as me.
I recently found out that Steam users on the PC are being provided with a refund for the DLC if you want it, and today at E3 the release date was mentioned to be by the end of July but that is not set in stone.