Games galore, concerts, and the Colossus roar, oh my! There were so many great things about MAGFest 11 that it was hard for me to narrow it down to just 10 points.
Being a MAGFest virgin, I made sure to experience a wide range of activities beyond cosplay. Enjoy this peek into my personal journey at this 4 day marathon of games and music.
10. First Con/Festival of 2013! What’s better than starting off the New Year with a con surrounded by everything you love? NOTHING
9. Sweet Con Badges Were these badges cooler than the ones from a Pokemon gym? Perhaps. Different registrant levels got different badges. If you were a Supporter, all I have to say is jealous
8. 24 hr Dealers Room A shopaholic’s dream!
7. Concerts! If music be the food of love than play on! Nothing like showing how much you love something than rocking out to awesome tunes
6. Guests An impressive roster of bands, industry guests, and internet stars. Too bad there wasn’t enough time to see them all
5. 24 Hr Tabletop Games Prefer unplugged forms of entertainment? MAGFest had that too
4. Chill Cosplay Back to the basics of having fun while dressed in something ridiculous. I would know. I was a walking rainbow in Arcade Sona
3. Clubbing Jiving with fellow nerds on the top floor of the Gaylord National is way better than going to your typical club downtown
2. 24 Hr Arcade Games I think this is pretty self explanatory
1. Friendship is Magic Having great people to hang with is an integral part of any con experience. Didn’t arrive with friends? No need to fret. MAGFest’s chill atmosphere made it really easy to meet new people
Thinking about checking out MAGFest for yourself? Get all the info you need here: http://magfest.org/
About Vickybunnyangel: Cosplayer, Star Trek lover, crossword addict, and all around oddball from Toronto. In between bringing characters to life, and travelling to cons I like to loiter way too much on Summoner’s Rift.