Fortnite Guide: Battle Royale SMG, Assault Rifle Hotfixes Update
Today, Epic Games delivered an update for Fortnite: Battle Royale that includes a new weapon and some major changes to a few other guns that you don't want to miss.
You will be able to play with a new silenced SMG, which arrives as a part of the latest hotfix for the game, and try out the good ol' Assault Rifle that was turned into an even more capable weapon.
New Weapon: Silenced SMG
The new SMG is available in three variants: Common, Uncommon, or Rare. The fact that it is suppressed makes it the quietest weapon in the game as of yet, which opens many great perspectives for players who like to be as stealthy as possible.
Assault Rifle Gets More Accuracy
But what about the Assault Rifle? It looks like Fortnite developers decided to make it a bit more precise. Here is the complete list of all the stat changes:
- ADS accuracy benefit increased by 33%
- Accuracy penalty per shot decreased by 20%
- Accuracy reset speed increased by 20%
- Recoil reduced by 30%
As you see, these changes make the Assault Rifle an absurdly good weapon. Now, spamming becomes more justifiable with all this increased accuracy and reduced recoil, which will surely make the AR the most dominant weapon in the game.
Other Weapons Changes
Besides these two main additions, the latest hotfix for Fortnite: Battle Royale also changes the stats of the following weapons:
- SMG damage increased from 12/12/13 to 14/15/16 for all rarities
- SMG magazine size increased from 25 to 35
- Tactical SMG damage increased from 14/15/16 to 16/17/18 for all rarities
- Adjusted SMG/Tactical SMG environmental damage to match base damage
- Rocket Launcher reload time increased by 10%
The biggest news here is the Rocket Launcher's reload time increase, which some players may not like, but it is probably a good change after all.
This is all you need to know about the latest hotfix for Fortnite: Battle Royale. If you have opinions on these changes, then be sure to leave them in the comments section below.