Fallout 76 Patch 9.5 Brings New Wild Appalachia Content & Bug Fixes
While plenty of new content arrived with the Wild Appalachia update for Fallout 76 a few weeks back, sadly it was missing a few components -- like the amazing, invisible (and non-existent) stimpak diffuser.
Somehow that missing item and its crafting recipe, which are required to earn a medic merit badge, still haven't made it into the game yet even with Patch 9.5.
There are plenty of other additions and bug fixes however when you update to 184.108.40.206 -- just make sure to free up 5.5GB on console or 9GB for the PC edition first!
New Features With Fallout 76 Patch 9.5
Joining the Pioneer Scouts with the Order Of The Tadpole quest line was the major addition with the last patch, and this go around we're getting another event called Project Paradise.
To kick off this event, head to the Arktos Pharma building in the Forest region and take the elevator down to the Biome Labs. You'll probably want to group up, and the creatures here are level 50+, so come prepared!
In addition to the main event, those new player vending machines and their infamous 10% tax were upgraded with an inspect feature so you can view extra details on items and find legendaries for sale more easily.
Fallout 76 Patch 9.5 Bug Fixes
Of course with all that extra content came a host of bugs and unintentional exploits, the latter of which have sadly been patched out, so more taking advantage of that infinite swimming test reward! Here's the major changes with this update:
- Scrapping: Fixed an issue that could cause an unintended item to be scrapped when rapidly scrapping items.
- Vending: Fixed a rare issue that could prevent a player from purchasing items from another player’s Vending Machine under specific circumstances.
- Vending: Reaching the maximum C.A.M.P. budget no longer prevents the player from assigning items to their Vending Machines.
- Weekly: Fixed an issue in which Survival Mode Weekly Challenges could be completed in Adventure Mode.
- World: Taking a picture of a frog with the ProSnap Deluxe now correctly counts toward Herpetologist World Challenge progress.
- World: Building a frog habitat now correctly counts toward Herpetologist World Challenge progress.
- World: Updated the wording on several Tadpole Badge World Challenges to help clarify the objective.
- Apparel: Fixed an issue in which some Apparel items were incorrectly providing +1 Damage Resistance when equipped.
- Floor Décor: Cat and Deathclaw Topiaries can no longer be built if they have not yet been unlocked in the Atomic Shop.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could cause the High Capacity Backpack mod to become duplicated.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to earn the rewards from the Athletics and Swimming Tests multiple times.
- Loading: Addressed a rare issue that could prevent players from loading into a world after using Player Vending Machines.
- Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause the PC game client to crash.
- Miscellaneous: The objective to "Investigate Seismic Activity," obtained from the Personal Terminal, now correctly completes upon reaching the Purveyor’s shop.
- Miscellaneous: Fixed an issue that could cause an error message to appear after selecting Biv’s entry in the Personal Terminal’s Daily Planner.
- Pioneer Scouts: Completing Stings and Things, Operation Tidy, and Campfire Tales will no longer award Possum Badges to players who have not yet been promoted to the Possum rank.
Other than the still-missing stimpak diffuser (and why oh why wasn't that added?) what new feature or bug fix are you most excited about with this update, and what still needs to arrive to get you to come back to the game? Sound off below!