Maneater: Truth Quest DLC Premieres This Summer
Tripwire Interactive's Maneater is tearing into new waters. Quest for Truth is the action RPG's first full-fledged story DLC, and while there's currently no firm release date for it, the expansion will release for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Epic Games sometime this summer. It will cost $14.99 and require the base game to play.
Quest for Truth takes place after the events of the base game and plunges into the dark depths of government conspiracies and the Naval Wildlife Organization's presence in Port Clovis. Chris Parnell (Rick & Morty) returns as Trip Westhaven, the Maneater's narrator. This time around, he's launched a "ViewTube" channel and is hell-bent on getting to the bottom of the port's strange happenings.
The DLC won't just look at Maneater's events from a different angle, it will also include two brand new episodes, a new region, new evolutions, and more. Tripwire provided a rundown of what fans can expect:
New Evolution Set
- Maximum level cap increased to 40
- Five new organ evolutions with one additional organ slot unlocked at level 40
- Maximum shark size increased
- New “Uber” Apex Predator
- New evolved hunt creatures
New Military Forces for Bounty Hunter System
- Military land forces will launch attacks from beaches and fortifications
- Helicopters will hunt by air
- Five new Bounty Bosses
- New weapons and vehicles for military Bounty Hunters
New Objective Types
- Failure to Communicate: Tail-whip objects to destroy the target objective
- Time Trial: Swim through the rings before time runs out!
Maneater: Quest for Truth has been in the works for a while, and the game's official Twitter account has been teasing the DLC through cryptic tweets and messages since the beginning of March.
Though we haven't been able to play it yet (obviously), Quest for Truth looks like a perfect addendum to Maneater, taking the base game's most absurd (and terribly fun) aspects and evolving them into the next apex predator.
If you hadn't guessed, we really enjoyed Maneater when it launched back in early 2020. We called it "sharky soul food," saying the game's "deep combat and deeper oceans provide just the type of blissful escapism we need right now." Maneater will release on the Nintendo Switch this May.