GameSkinny is Looking for a League of Legends Freelance Writer
GameSkinny is an open publishing platform - anyone can sign up and write. We believe that if given the space, and a little direction from professional editors, gamers can have a place to publish written work, have their voices heard, and thrive. We just need gamers to know about us. The more eyes we have on GS, the more people learn about the platform, the more people sign up and post, and the more our community grows.
This is where you come in.
GameSkinny is looking for a freelance writer for League of Legends content.
We are looking at our freelancers to help generate high quality and high traffic content in order to inspire and grow our community of writers.
This is a paid opportunity, payment details will be discussed if your application follows the below directions. All GameSkinny writers start out at the same base level of pay and there is room for advancement based on performance.
Experienced - This isn't your first online publication; you've written about eSports and/or League of Legends for at least a year. You either have your own blog or have contributed to an eSports outlet. You know how to communicate with an editor, gracefully incorporate feedback, and understand how to write with HTML formating and SEO keywords in mind.
Independent and Motivated - GameSkinny prizes writers who bring savvy research and trend know-how to the table. You know that editors can help guide you, but you are comfortable pitching and delivering researched topics.
Knowledgable - Your primary focus is League of Legends because you've spent countless hours playing and ranking up in ladder. You know the game inside and out and keep up to date on the latest champions and meta.
Professional - You don't just meet deadlines, you hunt them down. You know how to communicate in a timely and professional manner and know how to keep your cool in the comment section. You see your extemely rare mistakes as nothing more than opportunities to learn from so you can further improve your skills.
You Will Write:
- Attention grabbing discussions about mindset
- Useful tips/tricks guides
- Relatable and accessible "How to" guides
- Evergreen content that will outlive the latest patch (if you don't know what evergreen is, this isn't the gig for you)
- Email JayR [@] GameSkinny.com with "[LoL Writer]" at the beginning of the subject line.
- Include your resume and/or LinkedIn.
- Include a short cover letter of introduction.
- Provide links to 3 samples of relevant published work.
- Provide 2 example headlines you think would be successful (strictly for vetting purposes).
- Application Deadline is October 6th.
NOTE: Your application will not be considered if you do not follow the directions above. Also, I might recommend this article for some tips.