The promised patch notes for Diablo 4‘s 1.1.1 update have been released ahead of its August 8 release. It’s a big one, with changes to Barbarian and Sorcerer skills, Legendary Aspects, and Unique Items. Along with that, there are major updates to monster density in Hellfire Tides and Nightmare Dungeons, bug fixes, and various gameplay updates. Here are the details.
Diablo 4 1.1.1 Patch Notes (August 8 Update)
While some of these tweaks were already touched upon during our coverage of the patch notes live stream, we now have more information regarding the general gameplay updates in the patch for update 1.1.1. They include:
- Increased health for bosses over Level 60.
- Legion Events guarantee a Legendary Item drop starting at Level 35.
- Cheat death effects will now work properly when the player has an active barrier.
- Nightmare dungeon Resource Burn, Backstabbers, and Empowered Elites (Cold Enchanted) affixes removed.
- Caged Heart of Spellbreaking affix changed to “Upon taking Elemental Damage, gain 10-20% Damage Reduction for 5 seconds.”
- Temerity’s All Stats affix replaced with Max Life.
Diablo 4 Class Updates: Patch Notes 1.1.1
Barbarian is one of the classes that was heavily focused in these patch notes. Reworks of Barbarian Unique Items and Aspects, as well as increases to fury generation, are all expected to increase the class’ viability.
- Bash: Fury gained increased from 11 to 13.
- Flay: Fury gained increased from 10 to 13.
- Enhanced Frenzy: Fury gained increased from 2 to 3.
- Lunging Strike: Fury gained increased from 10 to 12.
- Gushing Wounds:
- Bleed damage dealt based on Critical Damage bonus increased from 100% to 115%.
- Bleed damage when Overpowering increased from 11% to 70%.
- Walking Arsenal: Bonus damage duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
- Earthquake Aspect: Damage bonus in Earthquakes increased from 5-15% to 15-25%.
- Fields of Crimson:
- Damage increased from .18-.34 to .22-.38.
- Damage that enemies take standing in pools increased from 15% to 20%.
- Rupture Cooldown Reduction affix replaced with Bonus Critical Strike Damage.
Sorcerer is the other class focus of patch 1.1.1. It was severely nerfed in the previous update, with many saying it’s no longer playable. Looking to bring the class back into balance, a plethora of changes are planned.
- Flickering Fire Bolt: Fire Bolt generates 2 Mana when hitting an enemy.
- Enhanced Fireball: Casting Fireball increases its radius by 50%.
- Destructive Fireball: Fireball’s Critical Strike Damage is increased by 20%. This bonus is increased to 30% if Fireball hits at least 3 enemies.
- Greater Chain Lightning: Each time Chain Lightning bounces, it deals 5% increased damage for its duration.
- Destructive Chain Lightning: Chance to form Crackling Energy increased from 25% to 30%.
- Combustion: Your Burning effects deal x20% increased damage, plus an additional x2% increased damage per unique source of Burning you have applied to the enemy.
- Serpentine Aspect:
- You may have 1 additional Hydra active, and Hydra’s duration is increased by 14-24%.
- This now also affects Hydra’s Enchantment Effect.
- Aspect of Frozen Orbit: Damage increased from 20-30% to 30-40%.
- Snowveiled Aspect:
- Unstoppable duration increased from 2-3 seconds to 3-5 seconds.
- Additional functionality: Also grants 10% bonus Armor for 3-5 seconds.
- Gloves of the Illuminator:
- Damage penalty reduced from 65-55% to 45-35%.
- Damage to Stunned affix replaced with Lucky Hit: Change to Restore Resource.
- Illuminator’s first bounce occurs much closer to the player.
- Guarded Rare Node:
- Damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
- Bonus damage reduction from Vulnerable enemies increased from 4% to 5%.
Those are the 1.1.1 update patch notes for Diablo 4. Check out the official breakdown here. Patch 1.1.1 will go live on August 8, leaving time for players to give feedback on the changes. For more on Diablo 4, including crafting Malignant Invokers, clearing Strongholds, or defeating various bosses, head over to our D4 guides library.