For all you DOTA 2 fans out there, Valve’s digital compendium for the World Championship has surpassed its $6 million goal and is still rising.
This development is just another way of showing the impact of eSports in our society. With more than 30 million viewers tuning in to last year’s competition, who knows what this year will bring. The International World Championship 2014 begins July 18th in Seattle.
All the rewards have been unlocked for each Compendium owner. Some stretch goals have extra bonuses depending on the Compendium Level.
- $1,600,000: Evolving Battle Point Booster – Unlocked
- $2,000,000: Loading Screen Treasure – Unlocked
- $2,200,000: Arcana Vote – Unlocked
- $2,400,000: Special Edition HUD – Unlocked
- $2,600,000: Solo Championship Vote – Unlocked
- $2,900,000: New Game Mode – Unlocked
- $3,200,000: Immortal Treasures – Unlocked
- $3,500,000: Chat Emoticons – Unlocked
- $4,000,000: Mini-Pudge Courier – Unlocked
- $4,500,000: New Music – Unlocked
- $5,000,000: New Matchmaking – Unlocked
- $5,500,000: Environmental Effects – Unlocked
- $6,000,000: Base Customization – Unlocked
For every Compendium purchased at $9.99, $2.50 is put into the prize pool. You can earn points, level up, collect player cards, and more. In addition, you can purchase additional Compendium points and even treasures that contain random bonuses as well. It’s almost like being there!
You can purchase additional points to further increase your Compendium level. 25% of point sales goes to the overall prize pool.
- $2.49 USD – 500 points
- $4.99 USD – 1100 points
- $9.99 USD – 2400 points
Every 100 points will level up your Compendium. You’ll receive extra immortal treasures, obtain new custom in-game effects, get bonus Loading Screens and increase your Battle Point Booster percentage as you progress. Higher level owners receive custom visuals, which will include modified teleport effects, base healing effects, and even new appearances for Bottle, Blink Dagger, and Dagon. These level up Custom Effects last until July 28th. As an added bonus, upon reaching level 50, receive a special alternate version of the Mini-Pudge courier.
The International Courier
Once you reach Level 4, the International Courier will be yours–Kunkka’s faithful Lieutenant Squawkins, a parrot unique in all the lands of DOTA. Continue to develop your Compendium and you’ll unlock alternate styles for Lieutenant Squawkins at Level 24 and Level 41. The alternate styles available at a later date.
- Pick Your Favorite Team – 25 points
- Pick Your Favorite Player – 25 points
- Qualifier Prediction – 50 points
- Qualifier Prediction Accuracy – 100 points
- Vote On The All-Stars Match – 50 points
- Complete the 10 Hero Challenge – 300 points
- Watch 10 Qualifier Matches – 100 points
- Collect 5 Player Cards – 25 points
- Collect a Team’s Player Cards – 100 points
- Collect All Player Cards – 500 points
- Offerings of the Aegis – 25-50 points per week
- Play-In Series Predictions – 25 points
- Play-In Series Accuracy – 25 points
- Top Six Predictions – 25 points
- Join DOTA Fantasy League Season One – 25 points
- Participate In Fantasy League Draft – 25 points
- Watch 10 games at The International – 200 points
- Top Six Accuracy (Any Order) – 2000 points
- Top Six Accuracy (Exact Order) – 10000 points
There’s still time to join in on the momentous feat… it’s the next best thing to being there.