New High-Performance Solid State Drive Announced by CORSAIR
Today one of the leading names in PC hardware, CORSAIR, announced the arrival of their new high-performance solid state drives (SSDs), the Neutron Series XTi. In a bid to satisfy even the most demanding professionals and PC enthusiasts, their new SSDs come with a whole host of impressive stats which convey high-end performance and reliability.
Each drive uses a quad-core Phison controller which can generate sequential read speeds of up to 560MB/sec, 540MB/s sequential write, 4KB random read of up to 100K IOPS and 4K random write of up to 90K IOPS. They will be initially available in capacities of 240GB, 480GB and 960GB but in the future, the Neutron Series XTi will become CORSAIR's first 1920GB SSD.
SATA 3 refers to version 3, also known as SATA 6Gb/s.
Features of the Neutron Series XTi include:
- End-to-End Data Path Protection (ETEP). Protects the entire data path from the host to the NAND gate.
- Low Power Consumption. Better energy efficiency for desktops and longer battery life for laptops.
- Power Loss Protection. Protects data with advanced SmartFlush™ and GuaranteedFlush™ technologies.
- Enhanced Error Correction. Improved data retention and error correction using SmartECC™ and SmartRefresh™.
- Static and Dynamic Wear-Leveling. The lifespan of the drive is enhanced.
- Advanced Garbage Collection. Overall performance and NAND endurance are improved.
- Compatible with CORSAIR SSD Toolbox. Access many crucial software tools for getting the most out of your SSD.
Already available from CORSAIR authorized retailers such as Amazon, the Neutron Series XTi 240GB is priced at $89.99, the 480GB at $159.99 and the 960GB at $329.99. The price for the 1920GB SSD has yet to be confirmed. All four come with a five-year warranty.