You’ll regularly venture into Overlaps while playing as Saga Anderson. Each has its own gimmick to figure out if you want to solve it. Here, you’ll need to do a few things first. Here’s how to solve the Valhalla Nursing Home puzzle in Alan Wake 2 to unlock the portal.
The Valhalla Nursing Home Puzzle Solution in Alan Wake 2
You can solve the Valhalla Nursing Home puzzle in Alan Wake 2 by obtaining the Anger’s Remose record and playing it on the jukebox. However, you still have to do several tasks and pick up a few items first. Let’s discuss these, one by one.
How to Get Rose’s Keyfob
After exiting the Wellness Center, you’ll arrive at the courtyard behind Valhalla Nursing Home. A cutscene will play. After that, speak with Rose, and she’ll give you her Keyfob. This unlocks almost all the doors in the facility… or not.
To be clear, I was able to unlock several doors upon obtaining Rose’s Keyfob. However, when I tried to open Cynthia’s room on the third floor, the power went out.
How to Get the Fuse for the Generator
Whether or not there’s electricity in the building, you still need to get the Fuse. Here’s what you need to know:
- The door that leads to the basement is off to the side of the nursing home. I encountered a nasty bug here when the textures took a while to load, and Saga ended up falling through the floor. I had no choice but to reload an earlier save. So, yes, wait for the textures to load before going down to the basement.
- Proceed further, and you’ll see a Break Room (i.e. save point). Beyond that is the Laundry Room, which has the code for the toolbox. Use 2-7-3 to open the toolbox and pick up the Fuse.
- Go back to the Break Room and place the Fuse inside the generator.
How to Get Anger’s Remorse
The next steps if you want to solve the Valhalla Nursing Home puzzle in Alan Wake 2 involves a bit of exploration and profiling. Here’s a quick summary:
- Use the Profiling mechanic to ask Odin about the record.
- Go to the Old Gods of Valhalla Museum on the second floor. If you check the case, you’ll find that the record is gone.
- Use Profiling again, but this time on Cynthia. You should get a couple of options where Saga forces her to divulge the location of the record.
- Use Rose’s Keyfob to enter Cynthia’s room on the third floor. Take a look inside the bathroom and destroy the Darkness Orb with your flashlight boost.
When you’re done, you should be able to pick up the Anger’s Remorse record from the bathtub. Simply head back downstairs to the foyer leading to the courtyard. Place it inside the jukebox and wait for the music to start blaring. Save your game. It’s time to enter another Overlap portal.
That’s everything you need to know about how to solve the Valhalla Nursing Home puzzle in Alan Wake 2. For other tips and tactics, like how to make more ammo spawn or how to solve the nursery rhymes in Cauldron Lake, click the links or visit our AW2 guides hub.