Planting and growing a money tree can be a great way to make some Bells in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons — How to Grow a Money Tree

Planting and growing a money tree can be a great way to make some Bells in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Growing a money tree in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a great way to make some extra bells with little effort. Just like in any game where you can decorate, it helps to get rich so that you can afford all of the furniture or decorations that you want.

Recommended Videos

There are a few steps you need to take to grow a money tree. Here you’ll find all you need to know to get started.

How to Grow a Money Tree in Animal Crossing

Bells Planted and Harvest 

The first thing you’re going to need is a bag of at least 100 Bells stashed in your inventory. This is going to be the “seed” that grows into your money tree. How much you plant can alter your tree’s output, and you’ll find the amounts here.

  • 100 to 1,000 Bells: 100% chance of 3x 1,000 Bells.
  • 1,001 to 9,999 Bells: 70% chance of 3x 1,000 Bells, 30% chance of 3x the amount buried.
  • 10,000 to 99,999: 70% chance of 3x 10,000 Bells, 30% chance of 3x the amount buried.

Overall, it’s clear that when it comes to planting large amounts, the results aren’t guaranteed to be worth it, so do so at your own risk. You can hover over the Bells in your inventory and press A to select an amount to separate from what you have.

How to Plant and Grow a Money Tree in Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Screenshot by GameSkinny

The first step to planting your bag of Bells is finding your daily glowing dig spot. This location is entirely random, so you might have to do some running around your island to find it.

Once you find it, equip your Shovel and dig up the glowing spot to receive 100 Bells. Don’t fill in the hole!

Screenshot by GameSkinny

The hole will remain glowing. This is where you will plant your chosen amount of Bells. Simply go into your inventory while standing next to the hole and navigate to your Bells, selecting the option Bury in Hole

Screenshot by GameSkinny

Once you do this, a baby sapling will appear in place of the hole. This is a money tree sprout and you can dig it up and relocate it from this location if you’d like.

The tree will take three days to grow. Once it grows, you’ll see Bells in place of fruit on the tree. To harvest the Bells, approach the small young money tree with empty hands and shake it.

And with that, you now know how to grow your own money trees on your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. If you found this guide helpful, check out our other Animal Crossing guides.

Feature image by GameSkinny

GameSkinny is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Image of Maddison Ahlbrand
Maddison Ahlbrand
Maddison started her gamer journey traversing the lands of Runescape and World of Warcraft. These days, she can be found playing just about anything, but a lot of her free time is spent playing FPS games like Fortnite, CoD and Valorant. She's been with GameSkinny since February 2023, and has a BA in Art History.