Anthem has several missions that are not part of the main story and these involve the game’s Factions. These are more than just side missions because there are multiple rewards you can obtain by completing them. The rewards range from crafting blueprints to cosmetics and legendary contracts.
This guide will explain everything you need to know about the Faction system in Anthem, as well as the rewards you get from them.
Factions in Anthem
There are currently three Factions you can gain rep for in Anthem, Arcanist, Freelancer, and Sentinel.
Arcanists are scholars, scientists, and researchers of the world, Shapers, and Shaper relics. They try to make sense of everything and discover secrets.
Freelancers are independent lancers, those with Javelins, who protect those in need. They don’t answer to anyone and do a wide range of jobs to help humanity. The player character is a Freelancer.
Sentinels are the police or military force of Anthem. Their primary job is to protect the people of Antium, but there are several branches. One such branch is at Fort Tarsis, and the Sentinels spend their time patrolling to keep civilians safe.
Rep and Rewards
As you progress through the game, you will unlock missions for each faction and will start to gain reputation with them. When you gain enough rep, you will rank up that Faction and unlock rewards. There are three total ranks for each Faction and rewards for each rank.
These are listed as Loyalty and can be found under Challenges > Factions in the menu.
Arcanist Rep (Sigil Blueprints)
- Arcanist Loyalty 1 – Uncommon (Green) quality Sigil Blueprints for each of the game’s nine guns.
- Sigils are consumable items you can use before a mission to get boosts such as increased damage for a specific weapon or ability type.
- Arcanist Loyalty 2 – Rare (Blue) quality Sigil Blueprints for guns.
- You also get Tungsten, Silver, and Platinum metal colors for cosmetics.
- Arcanist Loyalty 3 – Epic (Purple) quality Sigil Blueprints for guns.
- You also get Bronze, Brass, and Copper metal colors for cosmetics.
Freelancer Rep (Universal Components Blueprints)
- Freelancer Loyalty 1 – Uncommon (Green) quality universal component blueprints and the Standard wear state customization option.
- Universal components can be used on any Javelin and provide passive effects.
- The wear state is how your Javelin’s armor looks. You initially have dirty or old looks.
- Freelancer Loyalty 2 – Rare (Blue) quality universal component blueprints and the Clean wear state customization option.
- Freelancer Loyalty 3 – Epic (Purple) quality universal component blueprints and the New wear state customization option.
Sentinel Rep (Iconic Component Blueprints)
- Sentinel Loyalty 1 – Uncommon (Green) quality iconic component blueprints.
- Iconic components are the class specific components, such as Fire Inscription for Storm Javelins.
- Sentinel Loyalty 2 – Rare (Blue) quality iconic component blueprints.
- You also unlock Tin, Iron, and Lead metal colors for cosmetic customization.
- Sentinel Loyalty 3 – Epic (Purple) quality iconic component blueprints.
- You also unlock Nickel, Chromium, and Titanium metal colors for cosmetic customization.
Even though you can get the components as drops, it is nice to be able to craft them. This allows you to craft multiples until you get one with the bonuses you want. It also allows you to craft some that you are unlucky to never get, or ones for Javelins you don’t normally use.
As you rank up each Faction and complete the missions for them, you will eventually unlock Legendary Contracts as well. You can check out the How to Unlock Legendary Contracts guide for more info.
That is everything you need to know about the Factions and their rewards in Anthem. Leave a comment if you have any further questions. Be sure to check back for additional Anthem guides.