Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, like any live-service game, is bound to experience server hiccups, whether you’re playing on PC, PlayStation, or Xbox. Sometimes connection issues are on your end. Other times, issues are server-side. Here’s how to check if the MW3 servers are down.
Are Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Servers Down?
If you’re struggling to connect to Modern Warfare 3 servers, it can be difficult to figure out why. In some cases, you and a wave of other players are trying to enter after a new patch rolls out or an event goes live. On the other hand, the devs can take down game modes to fix issues. So when you’re unable to connect to the Modern Warfare 3 lobbies, the first thing I recommend you do is check on the server status.
How to Check MW3 Server Status
There are a few ways to check on the MW3 server status. Here, you’ll find the fastest ways to check on the MW3 server status.
- The Activision Online Services Support page: You can check the game’s server status, as well as your own platform’s status here. Additionally, you can see recently resolved connectivity drops, including the date and time they were addressed.
- Check out the Activision Support X account, the CoD Updates page, and the official CoD X account for live status updates.
My preferred choice is the Activision support page because the MW3 server status is clearly stated. Additionally, there are available resources if it ends up being a platform-related issue. Another spot to check for widespread server issues is CoD’s Down Detector page. It shows the status of server outages across the playerbase, so you can determine if you’re an outlier. If you’re still having issues and want to reach out to the community for help, you can join the Discord server here, and talk with other CoD players.
How to Troubleshoot MW3 Server Issues
If you run into a connection error or can’t get into Modern Warfare 3 at any time, there are some general troubleshooting tips to follow. Performing these actions can confirm that the issues aren’t on your end.
- Exit Modern Warfare 3 and restart the game.
- Restart the game client (on PC).
- Check your internet status.
- Perform an internet Speed Test here.
- Restart your router.
- Restart your device.
- Use an ethernet (LAN) cable instead of Wi-Fi.
Well, that does it for how to check on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 server status. If you’re experiencing other MW3 issues, check out our guides page for topics like how to fix the loadout glitch in Warzone and how to fix the Minot Hawthorn error.