The profile service error in Back 4 Blood is one of a handful bothering players of the Left 4 Dead spiritual successor, this particular error affecting only Steam users.
The profile service error is thanks to the Steam maintenance that takes place every Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST or 4 p.m. PT. This maintenance may completely disrupt the online services of many games, including Back 4 Blood.
How to Fix Profile Service Error in Back 4 Blood
B4B players who use Steam version of the game need to make sure that they don’t try to connect to the game servers during the Steam maintenance hours. You can do the following check ups to avoid the connectivity issues:
- Check the Steam status on the official webpage
- Check the B4B Twitter for updates
- Wait for the maintenance to complete
- Restart your PC and internet connection
In case your game still doesn’t let you connect after the Steam servers come back up, you need to do the following steps:
- Go to your Steam client
- Select “Library” tab
- Right-click on the Back 4 Blood game
- Select “Properties” from the list
- Go to “Local Files” tab
- Select “Verify Integrity of Game Files” feature
- Allow Easy Anti-Cheat system to auto-update when launching the game
- Sign in and play
Remember that Steam maintenance takes place every week, so you might need to do this each time unless the B4B developer fixes this issue for good with the next patch.
For now you can use this temporary solution to the profile service error in Back 4 Blood. If you have any other issues with the game, then check out the following guides:
- Back 4 Blood Crashing on Startup Fix
- Back 4 Blood Failed to Sign in Error Fix
- Back 4 Blood Not Launching Fix