You might want to do the Find the Missing Shipment quest in Baldur’s Gate 3 for some helpful rewards and XP. While you’ll stumble upon it as you explore the overworld zones, it eventually leads you to a mercenary hideout. Here’s what to do. .
How to Find the Missing Shipment in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Find the Missing Shipment quest in Baldur’s Gate 3 starts once you’ve read the Shipment Orders document. It entails the following tasks:
- Read the missive and defeat the rabid gnolls.
- Meet Rugan and defeat the Gnoll Warlord.
- Deliver the chest to the Zhentarim.
Where to Find the Document (Missive)
The first step in the Baldur’s Gate 3 Find the Missing Shipment quest is to locate the document itself. If you go to the Risen Road (X:24; Y:526), you’ll see bodies strewn everywhere. It looks like several merchants were attacked. A pack of hyenas is also nearby and, as you approach one, several turn into gnolls.
Where to Find Rugan and the Gnoll Warlord
After taking out the gnolls and hyenas, continue north until you see a sloping path with rock formations (X:34; Y:605). In the distance, there’s a cave where two warriors are trapped. There are also numerous gnolls led by a warlord. Here’s what I suggest for this battle:
- I made sure that my characters were hiding, then I repositioned them to stand on an elevated rock formation. By having the high ground, I had advantage on some of my attacks. Moreover, I was able to use Thunderwave and Shove to push foes to their doom.
- If you want, you can use your Illithid Wisdom on the Gnoll Warlord, since it’s also corrupted by a Mind Flayer Parasite. You can convince it to focus solely on the two soldiers, and to kill its own kin.
There are a few outcomes for this portion of the Find the Missing shipment quest in Baldur’s Gate 3, depending on how the fight goes:
- If the soldiers are alive, you can talk to them to learn of the Zhentarim Hideout.
- If you fail a dialogue check to ask them for more money, you’ll have to fight and kill them, too.
- If you used Illithid Wisdom on the Gnoll Warlord, and the soldiers and regular gnoll enemies were slain, you have only a few seconds to leave the area before it turns hostile.
- You can loot the Mind Flayer Parasite Specimen from the Gnoll Warlord. It adds a point that you can allocate for your Illithid Powers.
Regardless of what occurs, you’ll see a large, metal chest in the cave. Right-click on the object so you can pick it up and add it to your inventory. Do not, under any circumstances, open it, or you won’t receive a reward.
How to Reach the Zhentarim Hideout
Now, we need to find the location of the Zhentarim Hideout. Follow the path that leads to the west until you reach Waukeen’s Rest (X:113; Y:608). There’s a burning manor here, and it’s also the first chance for you to meet Counselor Florrick, an NPC who can help you much later in the game.
Check the back of the manor to discover a barn. A cutscene will trigger, whereupon a sentry named Salazon monitors you. Pass the dialogue check to avoid any grave mishaps.
Next, climb down the hatch near Salazon to reach the Zhentarim Basement. There’s an old wardrobe cabinet at the back. If you interact it with, a hidden passage will be revealed. You’ll then find yourself in a large, cavernous area, the base of operations of the Zhentarim mercenaries. As you approach, pass the dialogue check to convince them of your friendly intentions. This makes them disarm the traps to their base proper.
Climb up the ladder and talk to their leader, Zarys, and hand over the chest. If you didn’t open it, you’ll receive a heavy crossbow called Harold, which has the following perks:
- Damage: 6-15 piercing.
- Haroldish Doom: Your target must pass a Charisma check or it will be afflicted with Bane for two turns.
- Weapon Enchantment: +1
That’s how to complete Find the Missing Shipment in Baldur’s Gate 3. The objectives will take you all over the place, but you’ve got a decent heavy crossbow as a reward. For more tips and tactics, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.