You’ll want to know how to find the Sussur Tree to finish the Masterwork Weapon in Baldur’s Gate 3. This quest, which you can get early in the game, takes you all the way to the Underdark. There, the glowing light of the tree provides a peaceful respite, even though it’s surrounded by deadly creatures. Here’s what to do.
How to Find the Sussur Tree to Finish the Masterwork Weapon in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest in Baldur’s Gate 3 comes from the Blighted Village. Here’s a quick summary:
- You need to read Highcliff’s Journal and Highcliff’s Blueprints to learn more info.
- You then have to obtain a Sussur Tree Bark in the Underdark region.
- Once done, you’ll be able to craft a Sussur-enhanced dagger, sickle, or greatsword.
How to Get the Finish the Masterwork Weapon Quest
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest requires you to read Highcliff’s Journal. First, make your way to the Blighted Village, which is just west of the Druid Grove. There, you’ll see the blacksmith’s house (the minimap landmark says Shabby Wooden Doors).
Highcliff’s Journal is behind a barrel and some cobwebs just to the side of the fireplace. Next, you should see a hole on the ground that’s covered by cobwebs. Use a fire element spell, such as Fire Bolt, to burn it away. Down below, a Perception check informs you that the chest is magically sealed with a trap. Disarm it, and read the note inside. Now that you’ve learned the info from Highcliff’s Blueprints, it’s time to look for the Sussur Tree Bark.
Where to Find the Sussur Tree Bark
Sussur Tree Bark is in the western portion of the Underdark region. If you’re doing the Save the Mushroom Picker objective, then it’s quite close.
To be more specific, you should see a large chamber with bright blue light emanating from it (X:-15; Y:-140). That’s the Sussur Tree, and there are several Hook Horrors surrounding it. Here’s what I did:
- Before dropping down the lower ground area, I ungrouped my party so that I only controlled one character.
- I made sure to lure a couple of Hook Horrors, which caused them to leave their perches. This also meant that they were at a disadvantage. I was standing on high ground, and they happily moved to a lower area.
- After eliminating the first few Hook Horrors, I moved my team (grouped up again) close to the center of the tree. I then picked up the Sussur Tree Bark.
How to Forge a Masterwork Weapon in BG3
Now that the Sussur Tree Bark is yours, it’s time to complete the Baldur’s Gate 3 Finish the Masterwork Weapon quest. Return to the basement of the blacksmith’s house in the Blighted Village and interact with the forge. Add the Sussur Tree Bark to the interface and click on the Combine button. This will give the flames a bright blue hue, implying that the essence of the plant has empowered it.
All that’s left is to look for common weapons of the following types: daggers, sickles, or greatswords. Take note that these can’t be of a higher quality (green/uncommon or blue/rare). They must be common/white for this task.
Once you’ve found one, place them in the forge interface and click on the Combine button again. This will give you a Sussur-enhanced armament.
That’s how to find the Sussur Tree to Finish the Masterwork Weapon in Baldur’s Gate 3. The road may be long and arduous, but at least you got the job done. As an aside, that might mean that you’ve already acquired a better weapon than the reward for this task. It is what it is. For more tips and tactics, visit our BG3 guides hub.