Today almost any card game is accompanied by a handful of really useful additional software that can help its players do a little bit more progress towards the victory. Hearthstone is not the exception, and in this guide we will provide you with a few really useful addons and tools. All of them can be safely used and don’t break the rules of the game, but help organize your thinking and strategic process.
Of course, any other software that cheats the level system and gold earnings is prohibited, so we don’t recommend using any other additional software that is not on this list, unless you are absolutely sure.
In order to clarify any issues that might occur in the future here’s an official stance on such Hearthstone addons like Hearthstone Tracker and Hearthstone Deck Tracker, featured in this article, from Ben Brode, a senior game designer on Hearthstone.
@Darkyshor any app that duplicates what you can do with a pencil and paper already is fine.
— Ben Brode (@bdbrode) 14 сентября 2014
So, this means that any kind of software that does not intervene directly into the process of the game, but simply gathers data and analyzes it separately can be applied without you being afraid to get banned. Hopefully, this is clear enough, so let’s continue with what’s really interesting.
Hearthstone Tracker Addon
Hearthstone Tracker allows you to monitor the statistics of the game. For example, which deck has a greater win rate. It also helps choose the best deck within the current meta.
But most of all, it tracks your progress in the game, recording the following information about each match:
- Your current hero
- Your opponent’s hero
- Current match mode
- Duration of the match
- Results (wins and losses)
- Your current deck
- Your starting point (first or second)
- Number of moves within a match
- The server you currently play on
By having all this data after each game, you can take notes, analyzing what went wrong or learn from the opponent’s deck, archetype, and style.
Your data can be graphically visualized in the form of charts, which are extremely helpful for understanding your progress in the game.
At the end of every match, you are invited to correct the data compiled by the software, as well as leave a note or a few in order to conduct a more thorough analysis.
Statistics can be viewed for a particular period of time, different game modes, grouped by your own hero or by your opponent’s hero, etc. You can combine and learn different types of decks, for example, a certain deck win rate against a particular class, and all this can be done in just a couple of clicks.
Hearthstone Tracker is very easy to use and requires no additional configuration – just install, play the game and watch the data coming in. You can download the addon on the Hearthstone Tracker website.
Hearthstone Deck Tracker Addon
Hearthstone Deck Tracker displays the state of your current deck. It also shows how much time is left until the end of the match and if there are any secrets to be revealed. It’s a very useful addon for beginners, but may be just as important for the old dogs.
When you run the software it will be visible in the form of an overlay on top of your Hearthstone match screen containing 5 key components:
- Your deck. Showing which cards are left in your deck, the number of cards in your hand, how many cards remain in the deck and a chance to draw the next card that has one or two copies left.
- Your opponent’s deck. Displays which cards have been already used, how many cards are left in the hand and in the deck, and if there’s any chance to pull in the right card.
- Your opponent’s hand. Here, each card is signed by a number denoting the match during which a specific card has been taken. The labeling is as follows:
- [M] – your opponent’s cards.
- [C] – coin.
- [S] – cards obtained by playing ” Thoughtsteal,” ” Mind Vision “, “Webspinner”, as well as cards such as “Dream”, “Bananas”, and spells from the “Lorewalker Cho.”
- [R] – cards that returned into the hand of the opponent, by playing “Shadowstep”, “Sap”, “Dream”, “Vanish” and ” Kidnapper.”
- Timer. Tells you how much time is left until the end of the turn and the total time of your own moves and those of your opponent.
- Secrets. Shows secrets that are available for a given class.
In order to add a deck, choose «New» in the top menu, then select the class and it will lead you to the menu for creating and editing the deck and a map that you can choose either from the list or simply by searching.
In the central part of the window you will see your current deck. If you want to add the second copy of the card – click the right mouse button, if you want to remove it – click the left one. Then, choose «Save» and now the software is fully configured.
You can download Hearthstone Deck Tracker addon on Github.
Arena Mastery Webtool
Arena Mastery is a tracker for those who want to gather statistics of their Hearthstone Arena matches. The data includes an in-depth analysis of your current situation against a certain class, as well as your record with and without a coin.
This online utility is great to use with either your mobile phone or a tablet as you play. For example, you can play an Arena match on your PC or laptop and at the same time watch your statistics on your separate mobile device and adjust your gaming style accordingly.
- Class-specific statistics. Get separate data sheet on each of your classes and their individual progress. Highlights are based on a comparison to the overall average number of wins and losses per Arena.
- Overall record against each class. The same as above, but now the comparison is made against each class of your opponents.
- Average number of rewards for each level. This segment allows you to gather all your awards earned during all of the Arena matches and compares them by significance.
- Arena history. Just a simple stat giving you a historical overview of all your matches.
You can use Arena Mastery tools by registering on the website.
Hearth Arena Webtool
Hearth Arena is another great tool for Hearthstone, but this time it’s all about helping you draft the best arena deck. The developers have released a new version specifically designed for the latest TGT expansion. Now you can easily get hold of all the necessary data in order to gather the best and most effective deck for Arena matches.
There are certain tabs that will help you out. Here they are:
- Deck coverage. In this tab you can evaluate the reach of your deck. You can compare different decks and see their highlights, from board clears to survivability.
- Synergies. Here, you can decide which combos will fit the best for your decks. This will significantly change your results if you do this before entering a match.
- Archetype. In this tab, you will get access to the special algorithm that can help you understand your specific arena deck’s game style better, helping you play to the deck’s strengths.
- Stats-tracking. Just a simple stat tracker of your progress. This is where you learn from your own mistakes.
- Dynamic card values. Another great algorithm that can help you identify and adapt certain cards that will push you forward to another victory.
In addition to all this, you can get an expert drafting advice from ADWCTA and Merps.
You can register for Hearth Arena online.