Starting weapons in first-person shooters need to be good but not the absolute best, leaving new players with a solid choice they can divert from later. The SVA 545 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 fits that bill perfectly. Here’s the best MW3 SVA 545 build.
The Best Build for the SVA 545 in CoD MW3
For my best overall build of the SVA 545, I want three things. First, turn it into a laser. Second, make it lethal to the longest possible range. Third, I want it suppressed to keep my shots off the minimap. Here’s my SVA 545 build that does all three things:
- Muzzle: HRES Mod Suppressor
- Ammunition: 5.45 High Grain Rounds
- Rear Grip: Demo 650 Grip
- Stock: Smooth Fire Sniper Stock
- Optic: MK.3 Reflector
Related: How to Level Weapons Quickly in MW3
Modern Warfare 3 SVA 545 Build Detailed
With this SVA 545 build, we’re sacrificing a touch of mobility for overall increases in accuracy, range, handling, and damage range. On average, this SVA 545 build sacrifices 6.5% movement speed and adds about 10% vertical recoil. Everything else is a benefit.
This is the build I run whenever I’m having issues in a match and want something I can always count on for almost any situation. Let’s break things down a bit further.
- HRES Mod Suppressor: This attachment keeps us off the radar and adds a flat 10% bonus to our bullet velocity. As rounds actually travel through 3D space, the faster their velocity, the more likely they’ll reach your intended target.
- High Grain Rounds: These bullets add an additional 15% to Bullet Velocity, the total Effective Damage Range, and the Minimum Damage Range. That added almost 10 meters before damage begins to fall off. It’s a whopping 15 meters to its lowest damage potential range. We add between 5 and 10% across-the-board recoil here, but we’ll mitigate that with another attachment.
- Demo 650 Grip: This helps recoil by decreasing the overall recoil gun kick by 10% and the horizontal and Vertical recoil stats by 8%. The main drawback is the aiming idle sway goes up a fair bit. However, we can account for some of that as needed.
- Smooth Fire Sniper Stock: This stock is on the SVA 545 build to negate the idle sway gained by the Grip. It also vastly increases the aim stability while firing. There are no hard numbers for these benefits, sadly, but know that you’ll sacrifice the following:
- About 2% of your Movement Speed.
- 8% of your movement speed while crouched.
- 6% of your movement speed while ADS.
- MK.3 Reflector Sight: This sight is clean, crisp, and blocks almost none of my vision when putting rounds down range.
Overall, this is the best SVA 545 build in CoD MW3. It’s a touch harder to control, but really only in the vertical recoil, which we can account for when we shoot. Everywhere else, it’s a killer. For more, check out our guides on how armory unlocks work and more in our Modern Warfare 3 guides hub.