The Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is packed with Easter eggs. Not all of them are worth looking for, since only a few grant free perks. Our guide will provide you with a list of the best Zombies Easter eggs, including tips on how to get them.
Best Zombies Easter Eggs in CoD MWZ
Giant Bird Easter Egg
The first and easiest Easter egg you can get is the Giant Bird statue, which can be found in the northwestern corner of Urzikstan. Once you’re there, you’ll see a teddy bear on the bird’s head, which is a hint on how to solve the puzzle. Here’s how I recommend doing it, which will complete the puzzle a lot quicker:
- Pick up an ATV vehicle.
- Start ascending the bird’s tail.
- Go all along the spine.
- Once you reach the bird’s head, dive by jumping off the head.
If you did it right, a reward rift will appear, granting you a free Speed Cola perk.
Campfire Easter Egg
This is another really easy one, which will take you to the campfire in the area to the northeast of the Seaport District. All you need to do here is throw a Molotov Cocktail to reignite the campfire, and you’ll immediately see a reward rift with a free Juggernog perk.
Chess Board Easter Egg
The following Easter egg is probably the hardest one of all, as it requires you to unlock a secret vault under the Shahin Manor in the southeast of the map. I discovered a quick way to complete the chess board puzzle, which you can also do if you follow these steps:
- Defeat the four mercenary bosses in various Threat Zones.
- Collect four chess pieces: Pawn, Rook, Knight, and Bishop.
- Unlock the secret vault under the Shahin Manor.
- Pick up all the loot from the crates in the vault.
- Defeat the Red Mimic boss, also known as The King.
The crates in the vault include a lot of cans, weapons, and ammo. You’ll also be rewarded with more weapons after each of the four mercenary bosses dies. But be sure to read my guide below for more details on this complex Easter egg.
Church Tower Easter Egg
The Church Tower Easter egg isn’t as complex as the previous one, but you’ll need a lot of patience for this one. The church is located in the northeastern part of Urzikstan, and it has a tower with a teddy bear inside. You need to use a Semtex Grenade to destroy the tower, but you must do this in a very specific way:
- Find a large tombstone in front of the church.
- Stand on top of the tombstone and equip the Semtex Grenade.
- Aim straight at the church tower window with the teddy bear.
- Throw the grenade once you’re ready.
If you hit the window, the tower will explode, and a reward rift will grant you a free Deadshot Daiquiri perk.
Construction Site Easter Egg
The fans of sniper rifles will love this Easter egg, as here you need to make a precise shot to get your free perk. You need to head over to the construction site in the south of Urzikstan, which is located right next to the Shahin Manor. Once you’re there, follow these steps:
- Settle on the roof of a building, which is indicated by the marker on the map above.
- Equip your sniper rifle and aim at the yellow crane to the south of the building.
- Use your scope to detect a teddy bear on the crane.
- Once you see it, make a shot.
Don’t be startled by the jumpscare, where a teddy bear suddenly appears right in front of you. Just wait for it to disappear, and the reward rift will grant you a free Tombstone perk.
Highway Signs Easter Egg
I find this specific Easter egg puzzle the most interesting and unusual of all. Here, you must travel alongside the highway from one road sign to another at a certain speed to complete it. But first, you must get to the spot on the highway located to the east of the Hadiqa Farms.
Also, be sure to use the ATV vehicle, as it seems no other vehicle will get you there; at least that’s what my research on Reddit and YouTube showed. Finally, when you’re ready, here’s how you do it:
- Start your ATV in the shadow of the road sign right across Hadiqa Farm.
- Use maximum acceleration to reach the next road sign in the southern direction.
- Once you reach the next sign’s shadow, the Easter egg will be complete.
Once again, you might try this a few times over if nothing happens, as you really need to follow my instructions here precisely. But once you do it, the reward rift will grant you a free Quick Revive perk.
Giant Rings Easter Egg
The next Zombies Easter egg is simple yet may need a few tries before you get it right. You’ll need to equip a parachute and locate the three giant rings monument, which is located next to the Popov Power Plant. Once you get there, do the following:
- Go to the top of a building right across the three Giant Rings monument.
- Be ready to jump off and open your parachute.
- Glide through all three rings from, east to west.
Once you land, a reward rift will open, revealing a free Death Perception perk.
Shahin Manor Easter Egg
If you’re still in the process of completing the Chess Board easter egg at the Shahin Manor, be sure to complete another easter egg at the manor pool. You’ll see a teddy bear at the bottom of the pool, but you can’t reach it using conventional means. Here’s what you need to do instead:
- Climb the roof of the Shahin Manor.
- Walk the roof and approach the pool.
- Jump from the roof into the pool to reach the teddy bear.
You should hear a typical evil laughter, which indicates that you’ve done it, and the reward rift will give you a free PHD Flopper perk.
Skyscraper Easter Egg
The final Zombies Easter egg is another one that’s really hard. But I highly recommend doing it with a squad of teammates, as it’ll significantly increase your chances of completing it. Here’s how I’d do this Easter egg:
- Enter the skyscraper building indicated on the map above.
- Let your squad go in front of you, going upstairs.
- On your way to the roof, your teammates must kill all the zombies.
If you can reach the roof of the skyscraper by going up the stairs without any of the zombies dealing any damage to your character, then this will successfully complete this Easter egg. Once you’re on top of the building, a reward rift will grant you a free Stamina Up perk.
That’s it for our list of the best Zombies easter eggs in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Stay tuned for more CoD MW3 tips and tricks articles right here.