Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Zombies has some classic Wonder Weapon favorites for fans of the game mode. The Ray Gun is the most popular of the bunch, so you’ll want to know how to get your hands on it. Here’s how to get the MWZ Ray Gun.
How to Get the Ray Gun in MWZ
The Ray Gun is an extremely rare find in CoD MW3 Zombies, but for good reason. The incredibly powerful weapon can dominate a horde of zombies in seconds, so you’ll want to get your hands on it to become truly formidable, especially in more difficult zones (or if you’re like me and want to explore all of Urzikstan).
CoD MW3 Zombies Ray Gun Locations
- Mystery Box
- The Mystery Box costs 950 Essence to use and works by RNG. So, getting the Ray Gun this way is down to whether or not luck is on your side.
- Mystery Boxes are easily located on the world map by searching for their icon or looking for their glowing blue beam shooting up into the sky.
- Aether Nests
- You might be rewarded with a Ray Gun if you clear out an Aether Nest. Notably, it’s a rare drop.
- Aether Nests can be found on the world map by looking for their icon.
- Act 3, Tier 4 Mission “Holdout”
- You’ll earn a Ray Gun Weapon Case but can only use it once.
- Crafting Schematic
- You’ll have the highest odds of finding a Ray Gun schematic if you defeat the Mega Abomination in the Tier 3 Zone. Schematics are the best way to guarantee you can use a weapon.
- I recommend you Pack-A-Punch your weapons before attempting to head to Tier 3.
While it’s a grind to unlock the Ray Gun Schematic, it’s incredibly worth it. The Schematic will permanently unlock it in your loadouts. However, the Schematic currently has a lengthy 48-hour cooldown period. So, you can only craft it once every 48 hours. Of course, we’ll update this guide if that ever changes.