The Shot by Both Sides side job in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty presents a rather important choice, one that can yield a couple of iconic weapons. Our guide discusses how to complete the Shot by Both Sides mission, how to get the Riskit and Ol’ Reliable iconic weapons, and whether you should side with Bree or Dante.
How to Complete Shot by Both Sides in Cyberpunk 2077
You can complete Shot by Both Sides in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty by siding with either Bree or Dante. Here’s a quick summary:
- This job becomes available as you progress further in the expansion’s campaign (i.e. after completing the Get It Together main quest).
- You’ll receive a call from Mr. Hands, who mentions a journalist that’s in trouble.
- You’ll meet the client, Bree, who’s also being tailed by a man named Dante.
- After exploring an underground facility, you’ll have to decide on what happens to both of them.
Meeting Bree and Dante
Make sure you’re tracking the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Shot by Both Sides mission so the objective markers appear on your map. Your initial goal is to head to Bree’s apartment, which is in the northern portion of Night City. The closest fast travel points are Corporation Street and Berkeley & Bay. Once you arrive at your destination, you can open the door via your Body or Technical Ability attribute.
Inside the apartment, you’ll have to scan various objects. Check the cabinet in the room to scan the bamboo plant, which will then reveal a keycard in the drawer. Once you grab the keycard and head outside, Bree’s “neighbor” will start asking questions.
The Underground Facility
Return to your hideout building in Kress Street. You’ll have to go down the elevator to the lower ground area (i.e. the tunnels that you used earlier in the campaign). Go through the door and the narrow passageway so you can loop around to the far left side. There, you’ll meet Bree, who’ll lead you to an abandoned facility. Here are the next tasks:
- Scan the turrets in the hallways.
- In the next couple of rooms, you’ll need to disable the cameras via quickhacks. If you get detected, turrets will appear from the ceiling. You can either destroy them or turn them off via quickhacks.
- There’s a door that requires Body 10 or Technical Ability 10 before it can be unlocked. Inside is a terminal that can disable all defenses, cameras, and mines.
When your done, Bree will ask you to watch three videos in the control room. It seems that Militech has been experimenting with rogue AI in their attempts to break down the Blackwall. At this point, Bree’s “neighbor,” Dante, will show up. I suggest keeping a manual save at this stage.
Should You Side With Bree or Dante?
You’ll now have to choose between Bree or Dante in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. A standoff will ensue, and you can select the appropriate responses to continue the conversation. The most important moment is when Dante pulls out a gun and asks if you’re willing to protect Bree. Here are the outcomes:
- If you choose “Sure do,” you can shoot and kill Dante.
- If you don’t reply at all, Dante will shoot and kill Bree.
- Attempting to move near Dante early in the standoff will cause him to turn hostile, and you’ll have to kill him.
- Regardless of whoever was spared, you can still kill their rival after the sequence.
The choice is entirely up to you, but I also discuss the potential rewards in the next section. Whatever the case may be, you’ll receive some credits from Mr. Hands once you exit the underground facility.
How to Get the Riskit and Ol’ Reliable Iconic Weapons
There are two iconic weapons that can be yours in the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Shot by Both Sides mission:
- Ol’ Reliable: You can get Ol’ Reliable by killing Dante, since he drops this item. This revolver gains additional headshot damage and effective range whenever you swap to it.
- Riskit: This is Bree’s weapon. She’ll drop it if you let Dante kill her, but she’ll also leave it on the desk if you protect her from Dante. This pistol guarantees critical hits whenever your health is low.
Given the above, I personally prefer protecting Bree and eliminating Dante. Since Dante drops Ol’ Reliable and Bree leaves Riskit nearby, you’ll be able to acquire these two iconic weapons.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to complete Shot by Both Sides in Cyberpunk 2077. For other tips and strategies, you can check out our PL guides hub.