There are plenty of decisions to be made in the latest expansion to CD Projekt Red’s open-world RPG set in a Blade Runner type future. This particular segment in the You Know My Name mission nets you control of a vantage point, one where you have a clear shot at enemies and obstacles. With that in mind, you may be wondering how to help Reed as a sniper in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty.
How to Help Reed as a Sniper in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
To help Reed as a sniper in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty‘s You Know My Name mission, you’ll want to take note of the following tasks:
- Mark the locations of enemies, cameras, doorways, and the bridge exit.
- Use the sniper rifle or quickhacks to cause a distraction or take out targets swiftly.
How to Reach the Sniper’s Nest and Complete Initial Tasks
The You Know My Name mission takes you down to the flooded tunnels beneath the Black Sapphire hotel. You’ll then reach a control room where you can guide Reed to the next area and past that point, you’ll find a sniper’s nest with a clear view of the building’s exterior. Eliminate the soldier here and interact with the turret, which grants you access to the Rasetsu rifle.
Your next tasks involve a bit of scanning. Take note of those with a magnifying glass icon, which will cause V or Reed to make a remark:
- The doorway next to Reed.
- The group of three guards.
- Several cameras on the walls and at least one turret.
- The main elevator.
- The metal containers that act as a bridgeway.
How to Eliminate All Targets So Reed Can Get Across
Once you’re done with the above, it’s time to help Reed as a sniper in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. I’ve listed the next key moments that you need to watch out for:
- If Reed mentions cameras, use your scanner to disable them via quickhack.
- The turret’s power grid is connected via cables. I used my scanner to highlight the cables, which eventually led to a generator that can be disabled.
- When a couple of soldiers approach, Reed can hide behind some obstacles. The hostiles will go through the doorway without seeing him.
- For the next group of soldiers, you have to eliminate one target while Reed takes out the other.
- I suggest paying attention once Reed gets too close to the central area. I was able to do a quickhack here that sent the main elevator down below, preventing new reinforcements from appearing.
- As Reed goes further to the left, a sniper should appear. Make sure you kill him.
- Lastly, one guard is hidden behind a wall. You can use a camera to switch perspectives and tag the guard. This allows you to pinpoint the enemy’s location for a charged shot with the Rasetsu.
With the above tasks completed, you’ll be able to leave the vantage point. Moreover, you’ll receive the Rasetsu iconic weapon. This is a sniper rifle that can fire charged shots, which penetrate through obstacles. The bullets themselves can also veer off slightly to hit multiple hostiles that are near each other.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to help Reed as a sniper in the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty You Know My Name mission. After this, it’s time to enter the casino, where you’ll have to bet on red or black while playing the roulette. For other tips and strategies, you can check out our guides hub for the game.