The Spy in the Jungle gig in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is quite a doozy. You’ll have to deal with two agents who have their own motives, eventually leading to a boss battle and an unexpected outcome. Our guide discusses just how to complete Spy in the Jungle, the Pizdets iconic weapon, and what you should do with Katya.
How to Complete Spy in the Jungle in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
You can complete Spy in the Jungle in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty by finding out what happened to an agent named Mark Bana. Here’s a quick summary:
- You’ll help two agents of the Brazilian Intelligence Agency.
- Eventually, you’ll battle a boss named Boris Ribakov, which will net you the Pizdets iconic weapon.
- You’ll also have to decide what to do with Katya and Bana’s biomonitor.
Where to Find Mark Bana
To find Mark Bana, you must first talk to Steven and Ana, two agents from Brazil. They’re located in Room 203 of the Paradise Hotel, which is in the southwestern part of Longshore Stacks.
Next, head to the Organitopia, a ruined museum in Terra Cognita. You’ll fight some enemies once you reach the building’s exterior, and a few more upon entering it. I doubt they’ll cause you any problems, so just take them out and keep moving.
Boris Ribakov Boss Fight and the Pizdets Iconic Weapon
What can be a hassle, though, is the boss: Boris Ribakov. Upon reaching the main gallery with the dino-croc display, you’ll hear Bana’s voice through a door. Once you approach it, Boris will show up. Here’s what I did during the fight:
- Boris likes to stay mobile by using his teleportation ability and smoke grenades. I suggest casting a quickhack ability, such as Contagion, which will continuously damage him while it’s active. The floating numbers will also show you where he runs off to.
- At 50% HP, he’ll also start summoning a few drones, which can be easily killed. I simply took them out with my weapons, then I focused on Boris again, with the usual quickhacks to keep him debilitated.
- Make sure you pick up the Pizdets iconic weapon from his corpse. This weapon has increased critical hit chance the longer you fire it.
Should You Kill Katya or Let Her Go
Enter the room to make your first major decision in the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Spy in the Jungle gig. Inside, you’ll meet a woman named Katya, who has assumed Mark Bana’s identity. She’ll give you Bana’s biomonitor in exchange for her life, or you can take it by force.
I suggest accepting Katya’s deal and sparing her. You’ll still get the biomonitor, which is required for this mission. Moreover, Katya will contact you later and give you the coordinates to her stash. This leads to a short mission called Money For Nothing.
Once you arrive at the marked location, push the garbage dump to find a small box. Inside, you can pick up:
- The For Katya shard
- 17,500 eddies
- A tier five face gear piece
In my case, my reward was the Sweet Dreams Armored Laminate BD Wreath, which has +10% quickhack upload time reduction.
Should You Give Bana’s Biomonitor to Steven or Ana
Now, as for the gig itself, we still need to decide what to do with the biomonitor. As you make your way back to the Paradise Hotel, Steven will contact you. He wants you to leave the biomonitor in any drop-off point, so as to prevent info about Bana’s fate from leaking. Alternatively, you can continue onward to the hotel so you can give it to Ana.
The choice is entirely up to you. As far as I can tell, giving the biomonitor to Ana seems to reward more cash.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to complete Spy in the Jungle in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty. Don’t forget to do all the gigs for Mr. Hands to obtain the Sport R-7 Sterling vehicle. For other tips and strategies, you can check out our PL guides hub. You may also want to continue on to our walkthrough for the Talent Academy gig.