There are over 50 melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077, including some excellent new additions in the Phantom Liberty DLC. But the katanas still remain the most sought-after melee weapons in the game, especially when taking into account several new perks that incentivize players to create melee builds. Our guide will provide you with a list of the Top 10 best melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077, including tips on how to get them.
Top 10 Best Melee Weapons Ranked in Cyberpunk 2077
Here’s a quick breakdown of our Top 10 best melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077:
- Satori (Katana)
- Byakko (Katana)
- Errata (Katana)
- Blue Fang (Neurotoxin Knife)
- Gwynbleidd (Sword)
- Headhunter (Punknife)
- Jinchu-Maru (Katana)
- Scalpel (Katana)
- Crowbar (Iconic)
- Baseball Bat X-MOD2
Although Satori’s damage got nerfed in Phantom Liberty, it’s still the best melee weapon in the game, especially when paired up with the Nehan knife. If you deal bleeding damage with Nehan, and then use a quickdraw attack with Satori, then this combo will cause hemorrhaging, which drains the enemy’s HP. Also, you can now leap towards the enemies if you hold down the attack button.
- How to get Satori: Find it inside the Rayfield Excalibur AV on the rooftop of the Konpeki Plaza at Arasaka Waterfront during “The Heist” main job.
This katana has a similar ability that allows you to leap towards enemies, just like Satori. But here, you should focus on the technically endless light attacks limited only by the V’s stamina. I also really like its range modifier, which allows you to increase your melee range by one meter.
- How to get Byakko: Find it inside the V’s stash after completing the “Professional Widow” side job, given by Wakako Okada in Westbrook.
Here’s a brand-new addition to Phantom Liberty, which is a thermal katana that synergizes with burning effects. The new perk system lets you build some amazing combos with a katana weapon and throwing knives, but you can effectively use Errata with an Overheating Quickhack to achieve similar levels of critical damage.
- How to get Errata: Find it inside the forge at the Electric Corporation power plant in Arroyo, Santo Domingo.
Blue Fang (Neurotoxin Knife)
I’ve already mentioned that throwing knife builds are some of the most effective for players who want to go full melee in Update 2.0. And there’s no better throwing knife in the game than Blue Fang, which almost instantly stuns enemies. On top of that, it applies Chemical and Poison types of damage.
- How to get Blue Fang: Purchase it from a melee weapon vendor in Jackson Plains, Southern Desert, for 45 street creds.
The Witcher 3 players have probably heard this name before, as this new sword in Phantom Liberty is a direct reference to Geralt’s own name in elder speech, which means “White Wolf.” This sword deals critical hits constantly when your HP is low and deals increased damage against bosses, easily making it one of the best melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077.
- How to get Gwynbleidd: Find it in V’s Stash after purchasing both The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty on the GOG Galaxy platform.
This is a new variant of Punknife that makes all your headshots deal 250% more damage. You need to hit the target with the Headhunter first, setting up a marker, and then it returns back to your hand, clearing the mark. I highly recommend combining this knife with the Axolotl cyberware that reduces its cooldown, so you can instantly hit another enemy.
- How to get Headhunter: Purchase it from a melee weapon vendor in West Wind Estate, Pacifica, for 45 street creds.
Another katana on our list is Jinchu-Maru, which is often used alongside the active Optical Camo, which increases your critical hit chance by 100%. Also, the final strike of any combo will deal double damage, and all enemies with twice your current HP will also receive double damage.
- How to get Jinchu-Maru: Dropped by Sandayu Oda during the “Play It Safe” main job in Japantown.
The last katana that you should definitely check out is Scalpel, which is often called an “electric katana.” It has a characteristic blue color, and it deals Electrical damage with a 10% chance of applying shock. If you equip this weapon on an active Sandevistan operating system, it’ll deal another 50% critical damage and 100% Bleed damage.
- How to get Scalpel: Complete the “Big in Japan” side job at Little China, Watson, given by Dennis Cranmer.
An iconic crowbar has no pauses between the light attacks, just like Byakko katana, and it carries a modifier that increases its melee attack speed by 100%. If you like fast melee weapons, this should definitely be on your priority list.
- How to get Crowbar (Iconic): Find it inside the underground during the “Somewhat Damaged” main job at Pacifica.
Baseball Bat X-MOD2
Finally, the best blunt weapon in the game is not your ordinary baseball bat but a newly modified iconic version. It may not have the damage to insta-kill enemies, but it’ll make their attempts to defend themselves miserable against its increased attack speed, bleeding, and stun chance.
- How to get Baseball Bat X-MOD2: Find it on the rooftop of the Heavy Hearts nightclub in Dogtown.
That’s it for our list of the Top 10 best melee weapons in Cyberpunk 2077. Stay tuned for more CP2077 tips and tricks right here.