There aren’t many esteemed Rapid-Fire Frame Fusion Rifles in Destiny 2, and fewer still with Arc. New in the Lightfall expansion is Iterative Loop, which ticks both boxes. It comes with a solid perk pool, to boot. It’s also very usable in PvP and PvE, with no true specialty like many other Fusion Rifle options. Find out how to get it and what god rolls you want here.
How to Get Iterative Loop in Destiny 2
There are only a few ways to get Iterative Loop. The most consistent is the From Zero… quest you can start near the beginning of the Lightfall campaign. Completing it on all three characters awards three Deepsight versions of the Fusion Rifle.
Beyond the quest, Iterative Loop becomes much harder to find. The best ways are:
- As a reward for completing a Legend Patrol. These yellow-icon patrols appear rarely in the current Vex Incursion Zone, and completing them always awards a Neomuna weapon that has a chance to be Deepsight enhanced.
- From the locked chest at the end of a Terminal Overload activity.
- By turning in Neomuna vendor engrams once you reach rank 30 reputation. These also have the chance to be Deepsight enhanced.
Destiny 2 Iterative Loop Fusion Rifle God Rolls
As a Rapid-Fire Frame, Iterative Loop primarily needs two things: Range and Controllability. Anything else you can add to its killing potential is gravy. Thankfully, no matter what activity you’re trying to complete, this weapon provides.
Iterative Loop PvP God Roll
- Barrel: Arrowhead Brake, Extended Barrel
- Magazine: Accelerated Coils, Liquid Coils
- Trait 1: Under Pressure, Killing Wind
- Trait 2: Kickstart, Adagio
Arrowhead Brake remains a top perk, but Extended Barrel gives Iterative Loop quite a bit more Range to play with. Your choice between Accelerated or Liquid Coils depends on whether you prefer speed or stopping power.
While Under Pressure is a more consistent Fusion Rifle perk in Crucible, Killing Wind can be a godsend for the aggressive player. Kickstart demands sprinting and sliding; if you can incorporate both into your playstyle, prepare to slay out. Killing Wind is good if you manage to get a kill.
Iterative Loop PvE God Roll
- Barrel: As PvP
- Magazine: Accelerated Coils, Enhanced Battery
- Trait 1: Compulsive Reloader, Killing Wind
- Trait 2: Voltshot, Demolitionist
Your PvE playstyle with Iterative Loop is similar to PvP, but in higher-difficulty content, you’ll want something that gives you more freedom to take space. Accelerated Coils and Extended Barrel are good for that, and Compulsive Reloader helps keep you topped up and moving.
Killing Wind and Enhanced Battery are for more aggressive play when you can be sure you can manage a kill. Voltshot is far and away the best choice for the second Trait, as it’s great for both sustained damage and crowd control, but Demolitionist is a good supplement if you’re building around grenades.
Hopefully, you can land a version of the Iterative Loop with some combination of these god roll perks or even craft one and guarantee yourself what you want. We’ve covered plenty of other Destiny 2 weapon god rolls, including The Immortal, the Imperial Decree, and the Eyasluna. Our D2 guides hub has much more.