The Diablo 4 Elias Capstone Dungeon boss is quite similar to the foe that you faced during the campaign. However, there are some key differences, including the recommended Level of 70+ that will make this quite a challenge for those who aren’t prepared. Our Diablo 4 Elias Hatred’s Remnant guide tells you how to beat this opponent to unlock World Tier 4: Torment. Some story spoilers follow.
How to Beat the Elias Hatred’s Remnant Forgotten Temple Boss in Diablo 4
The Diablo 4 Elias Hatred’s Remnant boss fight takes place in the Forgotten Temple Capstone Dungeon. After completing several objectives within, you’ll enter his sanctum. As noted earlier, this is the same fella’ that you battled during the campaign. But, given that this is a single encounter, as opposed to multiple fights across two acts, Elias will throw his “greatest hits” at you.
With Level 70 recommended, you can still try fighting Elias before reaching this point. It might be difficult, but you’ll want to rely on each class’ defensive skills. Likewise, if you have one, I suggest using an Iron Skin Elixir, which grants +900 armor for 30 minutes.
Related: How to Get All Uber Unique Items
Elias Hatred’s Remnant Abilities
- Creates a dark red outline in a frontal cone before causing fires to erupt from it; can be done twice in quick succession.
- You can easily avoid the first one, but you’ll likely get hit by the second wave. As such, keep one potion handy at all times.
Rain of Blood:
- Multiple red circles appear on the ground, causing extremely high damage that will likely kill your character.
- The casting time for this is quite fast, and your character can die in less than a second if you’re not careful. You can either look for a gap between the circles, stay on the move for some time, or pop your defensive skill.
Rain of Poison:
- Similar to the above, except that multiple green circles will appear instead.
- Again, this is a devastating ability, so you’ll want to quickly move to the gaps or use a defensive skill.
Denizens of Hell: Elias will also summon several enemy mobs, following a specific order:
- Summoned after each Rain of Blood; Fallen mobs are weaker, but they are numerous.
- Fallen won’t really bother you too much, so don’t worry about them.
- Summoned when Elias casts a spell in the middle of the arena; Succubi tend to be fairly annoying since they’ll fly away and shoot projectiles.
- Succubi have dangerous elemental projectiles that can take out a chunk of your HP. Worse, since they fly away, you’ll have to chase them down. Try to be aware of Elias’ casting at all times to prepare for any of his powerful abilities.
- Summoned when Elias creates dark lines that travel along the ground, akin to an occult symbol.
- Balrogs have brutal flame breath attacks, which will whittle down your HP within a second if you stand in the wrong spot. You should immediately eliminate them once they appear. Otherwise, they could end up scorching your character while you’re fighting Elias.
As a Necromancer main, I was able to beat the Diablo 4 Elias Forgotten Temple Capstone Dungeon boss by relying on my Undead Minions, Bone Spear, Corpse Tendrils, and Army of the Dead. My minions beelined for mobs that were being summoned, so I simply chucked a Bone Spear to take them out. I also activated Army of the Dead when I needed to revive my minions. The defensive skill I used, meanwhile, is Blood Mist, which was an absolute lifesaver.
And that’s it. That’s everything you need to know about beating Elias Hatred’s Remnant in Diablo 4. With this encounter finished, it’s time to unlock World Tier 4: Torment. For more tips, walkthroughs, and strategies, our Diablo 4 tips hub has you covered.