The A Serpent Cornered quest in Diablo 4 Season 2 pits you against a powerful vampire boss Lord Zir, and the rewards are worth it. Our guide will provide you with tips on how to complete a Serpent Cornered in Diablo 4, including tips on how to beat Lord Zir.
How to Complete a Serpent Cornered in Diablo 4
How to Find and Summon Lord Zir
You can find the castle of Lord Zir at World Tier 4, in the northern part of the Fractured Peaks in Gale Valley. Travel to The Darkened Way (blue marker) and go eastwards to the castle (red marker). You have to complete the seasonal questline to initiate the A Serpent Cornered, so you’ll need to make your way through the City of the Ancients before you can engage in a fight against Lord Zir at the castle’s main chamber, called The Sanguine Throne.
You can summon Lord Zir by depositing 9 Exquisite Blood in the Bloodied Altar. Exquisite Blood typically drops from world bosses, but you can also earn it by completing various Legion Events in World Tier 4.
How to Beat Lord Zir in A Serpent Cornered
The fight against Lord Zir is no joke, as he is a level 45 uber boss. I’ve compiled a list of essential tips that will help you beat this ancient vampire:
- Beware of Zir’s Blood Pools that slow you down and inflict poison. These pools may cover an entire arena, so push him to the edge of the room to minimize the area of effect.
- Zir’s worst summons are Blood Seekers, which can kill you if you’re not careful. Deal with them first and then attack Zir, or push them all together into a corner and deal damage to both Zir and his summons.
- Watch out for his attack animations, as they may warn you before he executes them. This can give you a window of time to either move away from his attacks or dodge them if possible.
- Zir’s most dangerous attack is Blood Swipe, which covers half of the arena. Dodging this attack is hard, so keep as close to him as possible to receive less damage.
- Zir’s most unexpected attack is Wing Flap, which sends a wave of strong wind from his flapping wings. All you can do here is move as far back in the arena as possible.
A Serpent Cornered Rewards
Once you defeat Lord Zir and complete A Serpent Cornered, you’ll be rewarded with the following items:
- All Classes:
- Penitent Greaves
- Ramaladni’s Magnum Opus
- Rage of Harrogath
- Gohr’s Devastating Grips
- The Butcher’s Cleaver
- Mad Wolf’s Glee
- Vasily’s Prayer
- Greatstaff of the Crone
- The Butcher’s Cleaver
- Blood Artisan’s Cuirass
- Deathless Visage
- Greaves of the Empty Tomb
- Lidless Wall
- Grasp of Shadow
- Eyes in the Dark
- Asheara’s Khanjar
- Staff of Endless Rage
- Iceheart Brais
- Raiment of the Infinite
- Esadora’s Overflowing Cameo
All the rewards listed above will benefit your character’s stats and abilities, but there’s one more drop that is purely cosmetic: Lord Zir’s Diadem of the Ancient Helm. I equipped it because it looks cool, but it has no effect whatsoever.
That’s all you need to know on how to complete a Serpent Cornered in Diablo 4. Stay tuned for more D4 tips and tricks articles right here.