Diablo 4 is a fun solo, but you know what they say: the more, the merrier. Thankfully, Blizzard has included multiple ways to connect and team up with friends with both cross play compatibility and a couch co-op option. Here’s our complete guide to playing multiplayer in Diablo 4.
How to Play Diablo 4 Online Multiplayer
As soon as I booted up Diablo 4, I knew my demon-slaying would be better than ever when I team up with friends. Considering the game’s multi-platform release, there’s a good chance that whoever you’re trying to play with is on a different platform. Thankfully, in Diablo 4, you can play together with cross play online multiplayer. Here’s how.
- Open up your main menu in-game.
- Head to your Social tab.
- Add your friend(s) by their Battle.net tag.
- Once they’re added, invite them by clicking on their name, or vice versa.
How to Play Couch Co-op in Diablo 4
Couch co-op has become a neglected feature in the gaming sphere these days, but as someone who grew up with the option, I’m beyond excited to see it making returns in games like Diablo 4. Here’s how to play couch co-op in Diablo 4.
- First things first: You’ll need two controllers for the designated console (Xbox or PlayStation).
- Ensure that both players have an existing PlayStation Network or Xbox profile.
- Connect both accounts to Battle.net here.
- Each player must complete the game’s prologue with their chosen character.
Once you’ve taken care of the prerequisites, you’re ready to follow the final steps:
- With Player 1’s controller, login to the game.
- Turn on Player 2’s controller and press the button displayed in the bottom right corner displaying “Press to join”.
- Player 2 should login with a console account that’s connected to Battle.net.
- Select the character that completed the prologue.
- That’s it. You’re ready to slay some demons!
That’s all for our guide on how to play multiplayer in Diablo 4. Stay tuned with us for all there is to know as we explore Sanctuary. For more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs, check out our Diablo 4 guides hub here.