I know that if Enshrouded didn’t launch for me when I wanted to play it, I’d be super frustrated. Especially when I’m trying out a new game, I want it to work properly when I click play. Here’s how to fix Enshrouded not launching on Steam.
Why Won’t Enshrouded Launch on Steam?
If a game doesn’t launch from Steam, it’s often a Steam-related issue. However, the problem could also stem from improperly installed files. This isn’t caused by servers or internet issues, as so many other issues often are.
How to Launch Enshrouded on Steam When it Won’t Luanch
As with any EA launch, Enshrouded‘s developers are still working on hotfixes for bugs and glitches that can occur, such as the game not launching. However, here are a few things you can do to get Enshrouded up and running.
- Validate game files.
- Right-click on Enshrouded in your Steam games list. Click Properties in the drop-down menu, then select Installed Files from the left side menu. Verifying the integrity of game files is the last option in the menu that comes up.
- Update your GPU drivers.
- Restart Steam.
- Restart your PC.
- Reinstall Enshrouded.
- Restart Steam again.
- It’s best practice to restart Steam after installing a game to ensure everything works correctly in the client.
- Launch Enshrouded from the .exe file
- Right-click on the game name, go to Manage, and then select Browse Local Files. The folder containing the .exe will appear.
- Turn off firewalls or anti-virus programs that could be blocking the game — or allow proper permissions.
- Send in a support ticket
- If all else fails, send in a ticket to Keen Games Support. They’ll be able to pinpoint the problem and may need to deploy a hotfix.
Those are the currently known potential fixes for Enshrouded not launching in the Steam client. For other bug fixes, tips on how to play, or where to find resources, check out our expanding guides hub.