Enshrouded has you questing from the get-go like any worthy fantasy adventure. Early on, you must build a shop for the Blacksmith to make progress in in his crafting tree. Unfortunately, the quest requirement is a bit puzzling. I’ll tell you how to build a shop for the Blacksmith.
Constructing a Workshop for the Blacksmith in Enshrouded
You complete the Sleeping Survivor quest early on in Enshrouded. And releasing them from the capsule, you’ll meet the eager-to-work Blacksmith. However, there are a few steps to take before they start smithing and forging certain items.
Back at your base, the Blacksmith asks you to build a shop for him, and few hints are provided. The game simply prompts you to enter building mode. At first, I was confused and thought there was a specific buildable I needed to access, but that’s not the case. Here’s what you need to do.
How to Place Building Blocks to Build the Blacksmith’s Shop
- Place the Blacksmith where you want to build the shop using the Summoning Staff.
- Enter building mode with the Construction Hammer equipped.
- Construct Walls around the Blacksmith using Rough Blocks with the Construction Hammer. Browse through the Shapes menu and select the 4M menu using Alt on a PC or RB on a controller.
- Rough Stone Blocks: x2 Stone per x100 Blocks at the Workbench
- Rough Wood Block: x2 Wood Logs per x100 Blocks at the Workbench
- Construct a Roof on top of your walls using Roof Blocks so the Blacksmith is underneath the Roof. It’s found in the 4M Roofs Shapes menu.
- Stone Shingle Roof Block: x5 Stone, x5 Flintstone per x100 Roof Blocks at the Workbench.
- Plant Fiber Roof Block: x5 Plant Fiber per x100 Roof Blocks at the Workbench.
The roof must be over the Blacksmith for him to work. I made my structure but didn’t put a roof over his head. Nothing happened. So, even after the quest is completed, must keep him placed within his roofed Shelter to access all of his crafting recipes.
I’m thrifty with my materials early game, so I discovered that there are no requirements for roofing over the Blacksmith’s equipment. Feel free to simply build shelter above the NPC and leave the Forge or Kiln exposed to the elements.
That’s how to build a shop for the Blacksmith in Enshrouded. Alternatively, you can build a structure and then use the Summoning Staff again to place the Blacksmith inside it. Either way works. For more tips and tricks, visit our Enshrouded guides hub.